Finding the RIGHT tabel

• Pirate0810
      Pirate0810
      Bronze
      Hello Guys,

In the article about SSS I read that I must look for the right tabel.
      Can anyone be more specific please..

For now I choose the following tabels:

Game: NL10
      players: 9 - 10
      Chipsize: $ 70 +

Also the article said to look for big stacks..
      On these tables the stacks are app. $10
      Are these stacks high with these blinds?

Thanks.
  • 8 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      i don´t really know the article but i think the point is that there shouldn´t be too many other sss players on your table... so just try to find tables with only a view shortstacks (15-20bb. so at nl10: 1,5-2$)
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      You are looking for a high P/F %. This indicates the activity at the tables. The higher it is the more people playing per hand on average. This will vary table to table and also platform to platform. On titan NL10, over 28-29% is good to play at. But platforms like stars are generaly higher.

The more people in the pot the higher chance youv'e got to stack someone.

Stiev
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Yes, you are choosing the right tables. Chip-size $70+ means there are a lot of Big Stacks (in this case $10), and very few SSS like you.
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Finding a good table is trickier than you think.

First of all it must not have more than 2 other short stacks, so that you will either be the third one, or replace a third short stack. Any more of them, and the table is already -EV as shorties don't call your pre-flop raises unless with AA/KK/QQ or AK. The big stacks usually aren't idiots either and will notice that shorties only play strong hands, so a raise from a 2 dollar guy often results in everybody else folding and you just getting the blinds and the odd limper.

[EDIT2]: Forgot another important point. Make sure you don't end up sitting between two other short/medium stacks, so that there would be 3 in a row. That's every blind stealer's dream, trust me. :rolleyes:

Second it must have an Average Pot. Tables with $0 AP's are too tight and you again end up only getting the blinds with your raises. But any table with $2+ AP will attract German and Russian $2 TAG's like vultures. It's unbelievable how often you see $3+ AP tables with 6+ short stacks in the wait list. :rolleyes:

Average Hands per Hour is another factor to consider. Tables with a low number are naturally rather slow, which could indicate that players actually think before they act. Or it's full of multi-tablers who don't pay attention at all. :D Tables with a high number either have maniacs, or rocks again who throw away anything but aces and kings. Best thing to do here is watch the other players while you play, and note down the fishes. I myself add particularly loose fishes to my Buddy List and try to sit down at their tables, regardless of the previously mentioned factors, except the amount of shorties.

Overall, it's easier to find good tables in the (European) evenings for platforms who don't allow US players, or early (European) mornings (7-8 AM) for platforms who do let US players join. The later in the evening it is for your opponents, the more exhausted they usually are and are prone to make more mistakes.

That's all I have to share about table selection. Hope it helps. :)

[EDIT]: Btw, $10+ stacks on NL10 are big stacks. The 10 is the highest amount you can sit down with at the table. On NL25, you can take 25 dollars, on NL50 50 dollars, etc. So look at the limit, and then at the players' stacks, and you'll know who the big/medium/short stacks are.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      good post :) . just one thing: we are talking about nl10 ^^. 99% of the players there don´t give a fuck if a raise comes from a ss or a bs and they don´t adjust their play either :P
      don´t give them more credit than they deserve ;)
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Also Drakhor, The first paragraph is total garbage when talking about NL10. Short stacks are pretty much never playing SSS. I only know of 2-3 regulars that play NL10 SSS on titan.
      Therefore if your a SSS player it isn't -ev to sit with 9 other short stacks, as long as they all have more than you. The short stacks are often looser than the big stacks, due to the fact there risking less.

Stiev
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Well, I sometimes spy a bit in the German forum, and I recognize quite a few people there which I often see on the NL10 tables on PartyPoker. I'd even go as far as to say that 75% of the German $2 players on Party are PS.de guys. :P

Maybe it's different on other sites indeed, but I only play on Party for now, so I can't tell. :)
    • Pirate0810
      Pirate0810
      Bronze
      Thanks Drakhor...

That was helpfull :]