River c-bet + fold to c-bets

• Schnitzelfisch
      Hey there,

I know you're going to probably say "it depends", but what would be the standard ranges of the following stats for a good TAG:

-River c-bet
      -Fold to c-bet flop
      -Fold to c-bet turn
      -Fold to c-bet river

I would like to have this information in order to 1. make sure that I'm not spewing/folding too much and 2. to at least approximately see who is folding too much or 3-barrelling too much.

• 1 reply
    • Kyyberi

Now that the obvious is out of the way, we can discuss a little.

River cbet is TOTALLY opponent dependable. I mean there are opponents that you bet the river with only for value. And there are opponents that you bet a ton of rivers if the flop + turn action is good for that.

On folding to flop cbet I would say that if you fold a lot, most of the opponents will make money from your folds a lot. But again, this depends on how much you call preflop, and how good you are at making moves postflop when you dont hit the flop. And again, it's a whole different thing if you play at plo2 or if you play at plo50. In plo2 there isn't such a thing as folding equity, so you can't really call preflop and justify that with making moves on suitable postflop situations. While in plo50 you can do that against certain opponents.

Folding on turn cbet is natural outcome of your flop play. If you call flop, you have to know what your plan is for the turn. If you find yourself calling a lot of flops but folding a lot of turns, you might be making bad decisions on flop. The stat for folding turn itself doesn't tell you much. When you compare it to flop folding stat, it tells you more.

And of course river is the natural outcome from the flop and turn decisions.