Zoom FR players only go all-in preflop with AA.....

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      At the end of a slightly tilting session (badbeats, coolers even bluffs going badly etc etc) I get this hand that I simplify here;

I steal QQ on BTN

TAG/SLAG resteals me from SB

I check his stats and 4bet.

He 5bets and I shove.

Despite being a 16/14 player with 6% overall 3bet and 15% resteal on both SB and BB the villain has AA.

(Maybe because when It got folded around to me I thought that this very thing was going to happen. Psychic premonition style!)

In short, After several thousand hands, I have discovered that preflop-all ins are 95% of the time AA. Why is it always AA? Doesn't anyone EVER get it in with worse than this?

If we assume people will still call 4bets with several hands does that mean we have to 4bet/fold hands that are even as strong as KK and QQ? This just seems stupid. Its hard to not adjust to this shit by calling all premium hands and just 3betting/4betting trash.
  • 11 replies
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Im sure ive seen people go all in with other hands apart from AA, but in theory if people are ONLY going all in preflop with AA, then with hands such as QQ/KK, and all other PPs, you wanna setmine. Then hopefully stack the villian with a set vs their AA.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      They do tend to ship lots of spazzy crap once you start 4betting any two. :f_biggrin:
    • PumaPerez
      PumaPerez
      Silver
      In short, After several thousand hands, I have discovered that preflop-all ins are 95% of the time AA. Why is it always AA? Doesn't anyone EVER get it in with worse than this?
      for allin situations you need at least two players. usually only one of them holds AA. so your statement is not true. lets look at your hand. you puted it in with QQ, so i can say i know at least one player going allin with QQ :)

if you are looking for action, then play SH instead of FR.

GL, sir ;)
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      You've clearly never played me at Zoom.
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MJPerry
      lol
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MJPerry
      +1
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      I can't remember the last time I got enough action to get it in with AA pre in Zoom.. even in SH everyone just fast folds every time I have aces!
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      IMHO it depends also on stack size and position.

I have been playing a lot of fr zoom the last month and I can tell you that there are many players that will not commit more then 50bb preflop with less than AA. On the other hand you will see the tilting gamblers openshiping with A9os. The trick is to know who is who in the zoo. I fold QQ preflop everyday. Sometimes I even fold KK preflop !. About two weeks ago I folded KK preflop 3x in one hour. Two of those hands went to showdown (two other players in the hand) and in both those hands one of the players had AA.

BTN vs SB, and assuming no reads and a 50bb effective stack, I will make a crying call for stack.

Know this: almost every coach here will come and say you simply must put it in BUT: look at your database I bet you will see something different.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      hahaha, lots of classic responses :D

@ mineriva - Nice post. I am also frequently folding QQ preflop and sometimes KK. (eg classic spot where I 3bet KK on BU vs MP and 11/9 player 4bets from SB)

Was adjusting my game to it but after this spot which I feel would have been easy in non-Rush I felt like I had to say something on the forums about it :D

On a side note, I tried something fishy for fun two days ago. After opening KQs EP and getting 3bet from a decently aggressive BU I decided to bluff4bet because in my experience so far only AA 4bets EP vs 3bet.

Villain; "Not again!"
      Me; "Why? You trying to slowroll me? :D "
      Villain time-banks and 5bets
      Me; "So you had AA after all?"
      Villain; "KK"
      Me; "QQ" and folds

Villain is repping KK pretty well with that line hahaha, wonder if he really had it or not and If he was really that close to folding a hand that strong. On the other hand he could be someone else who can never type their actual hand in chat.....
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      would like opinions on this hand :D

about previous post, obviously villain agrees with you :f_biggrin:
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      1: polarize your 4bet range (flat strong stuff, even KK, depending on positions and sometimes 4bet bluff)
      2: move up to where they disrespect your raises
      ---------
      .: money

oh, and if people are doing something dumb like 4bet/folding or 5bet/folding KK, then that increases the EV of getting it in with AK/QQ etc, LOL