This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH50 Zoom, 88 defend vs 3bet

• DailyDollarPro
      DailyDollarPro
      Bronze
      Villain stats: 26 hands - 12/8, 11.1 3bet

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      (Hero):
      $98.52
      SB:
      $92.97
      BB:
      $73.17

Preflop: Hero is Btn with 8, 8.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, SB raises to $4.00, BB folds, Hero calls $2.75.

Flop: ($8.5) 3, A, 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $5.00, Hero calls $5.00.

Turn: ($18.5) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $8.00, SB calls $8.00.

River: ($34.5) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $31.50, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $34.5.

Preflop: Fairly straight forward. Plenty deep enough to set mine and we have position.

Flop: Pretty dry board. We sometimes have the best hand and it will be fairly hard for villain to continue without an ace.

Turn: Villain checks, green light to rep the ace.

River: Got to follow through as we clearly cant win at showdown[/B]

Overall do we like the play/thinking here? It worked this time, but will this play show a profit in the long run? Turn and river bet sizing? Should we only make this play vs a villain we have more history with, and just fold flop vs relative unknown?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you were 100bb deep you could consider raising small on the flop, although since you´re flatting that dry board 100% of your value hands I think calling also with 88 is also fine.
      I think betting 12$ and then 28$ on the river represents Ax more often, but likely he would fold there his medium pp and sometimes call down with Ax, so you don´t have to bluff that much on the river to make him fold better hands

best regards,