Stacks:
      UTG (€2.10)
      UTG+1 (€3.40)
      CO (€0.82)
      dienaszaglis (BTN) (€2.64)
      SB (€2.13)
      BB (€2)

Pre-Flop: (€0.03, 6 players) dienaszaglis is BTN 2:spade: A:club:
      2 folds, CO calls €0.02, dienaszaglis raises to €0.08, 2 folds, CO calls €0.06

Flop: 10:spade: A:spade: 9:club: (€0.19, 2 players)
      CO checks, dienaszaglis bets €0.13, CO raises to €0.26, dienaszaglis calls €0.13

Turn: Q:heart: (€0.71, 2 players)
      CO goes all-in €0.48, dienaszaglis folds

Villain is the same 66/5, 67h. AF: 1.3
      Read: *calls 2/3psb w/ gutshot, bets on turn 1/2pot when misses

PRE
      STD, as I`m ahead of his limp range.

FLOP
      I think, I should have folded here. He`s not x/r with draws (read), and I doubt he`s making a move.
  • 10 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i don't think A2o is good to isolate such stacks.

if you flop A in drier board would you go for his stack?
      while we may have an equity edge vs range we don't have a whole lot of fold equity postflop, and there isn't really any flop that we like... hope is mostly for it to go check/check and we win with A high :f_biggrin:
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Against this type of player I don`t expect much FE anyway.

I would go for his stack, if I would feel I`m ahead of his range. Knowing his tendencies (loose, passive fish), I can still value bet light, until he starts to show aggression. In this case, he`s ahead of me on the flop.

This can`t be -EV situation, because I`m in position and ahead of his range PRE.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      this can be quite an interesting discussion actually :f_biggrin:

let's say flop comes A93r. he probably calls us down with any Ax, random pocket pairs, 9x... how to distribute that range and the calling frequencies? maybe he folds some to the 2nd barrel sometimes.

i intuitively feel that we are still +ev overall though. still i prefer to keep to a pure nit value range like A8+ :f_frown:
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Well, in your case, we still are ahead of his calling range most of the times. If we feel, he`s ahead (Ax), we can pot-control, as he`s passive and go to SHD.

Also, I would only 2nd barrel for value. He`s not the folding type :)
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      yeah what i meant is that in my example... i feel that we're still ahead often enough vs a calling range to make it +EV. of course we only bet for value against this type :f_biggrin:

but how would you feel that he's ahead? :D
      of course when he raises we're behind, but he is probably going to play check/call mode with weak Ax, middle pair, anything
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Very interesting point. In your example I would bet flop and turn /check river. There are only 2 aces left, so most of his calling range would contain PP`s, 9x.

But yeah, you can`t really tell, if you`re ahead when he calls. :f_biggrin:
    • Anger86
      Anger86
      Bronze
      We have about 50% equity preflop most of the time, when we iso-raise a looser range.

Board:

Equity Win Tie
      MP2 49.11% 46.30% 2.81% 22+, A2s+, K2s+, Q2s+, J2s+, T2s+, 94s+, 84s+, 74s+, 64s+, 54s, A2o+, K2o+, Q4o+, J6o+, T7o+, 97o+, 86o+, 76o
      MP3 50.89% 48.08% 2.81% Ac2s

I would also like to add, that isoR A2o-A7o might get hard to play vs. players who play all Ax hands.

On this flop T :spade: A :spade: 9 :club: with A2o I might also go broke, but
      given the read/note that he plays draws passive it's close to a fold.

I don't think calling is a good idea, if we don't plan to call down given the stack sizes.
      I generally assume that it will 100% be all-in on later streets, where I'm not happy to call on most cards anyway.
      So it's a question of fold or shove for me.

I feel like I'm pretty read-less, so I would shove (because of the stacks only) and take a note.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      As I inclined before, my flop call is a mistake.

Also, knowing villains tendencies and reads, I can`t see why you would want to ship on the flop.
    • Anger86
      Anger86
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dienaszaglis
      As I inclined before, my flop call is a mistake.

Also, knowing villains tendencies and reads, I can`t see why you would want to ship on the flop.
      You're probably right. Most of the time bad-passive players have there top pair and better. Then it should be a bet/fold.
      If I had a feel, that he is also going broke w/ mid pairs,
      then I'd ship. Also straight draws and GS might check, but FD raise.

Another huge fact is that your note is about his floating tendencies, when he is IP.
      This time positions are the other way, you are IP. So, I believe, there is a some chance of
      x/r draws too.

Another reason why I like shipping there sometimes with these stack sizes is to get a better read of my opponent, so it's not like totally -EV.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dienaszaglis,

Preflop: Fold it here cause you ain't even raising for value nor you don't have much fold equity postflop.

As played
      Postflop: If you Bet and want to continue Bet/Broke, no other option here.

Best Regards.