Deadbillis
      Bronze
      Welcome to the site coxy :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi there coxy87,

Welcome to our community!

Tell us a little more about yourself, have you really quit your job then? :f_o:

Are you an experienced poker player or just about to step into the poker world?

What's your next step then, have you taken the quiz yet?

Ingrid
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey coxy87!

Welcome to the English community!

You really have to tell us a bit more about yourself with a title like that!

Did you really quit your job? What happened? Are you going to find a new job?

And tell us a bit about your poker history as well of course :p

RasTweet
    • coxy87
      coxy87
      Bronze
      thanks!!

Yes i did just quit my job, and dont really plan looking for something new yet.... my name is shaun and im from sydney australia and im 25 years old :)

i have been playing poker for a few years live and online and want to get right into it! i play on stars and have quite a few accounts else including partypoker.

i now have all the time in the world to play and learn as much as i can!

i enjoy and want to improve in long MTTs, i think im drawn into the large winning payouts lol...

Nope i have not taken the quiz i dont really understand what it does for me, though i have not really read up much about it!

cheers!
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      get another job bro
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi coxy87

Waw quitting your job to play poker is a brave decision! Do you have enough money to support yourself for like 6 months or so without needing extra money from poker. It's a big step you're taking and with lots of ppl it doesn't really end well tbh.

If you take the quiz you can get a free $50 starting capital on one of these poker rooms as long as you don't have an account on them yet.

It also means that you will be tracked to us on that account and you will be earning Strategy Points and the more SP you get the higher your status will be. With a higher status you can access more articles, video's, Live coachings and other parts on the forum!

If you have any other question don't be afraid to ask!

RasTweet
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi coxy87,

So, quits job to play poker for a living, comes from Australia so can talk the hind legs off a wallaby...hmmm, blog, we want a blog! :D

Chart and share your poker journey in a blog, it's a great way to meet like-minded people and learn from their experiences as well. :)

Have fun and very best regards,

Mal.
    • coxy87
      coxy87
      Bronze
      i was quitting my job regardless, yup plenty of money to get me through a year if need be, so all good there!

ok great ill take the quiz and be tracked when i find another site, any suggestions on other sites that are good and player heavy other than stars, party poker??

with the points system i think was just going to buy them..
    • joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Silver
      fair play brother, go live your dream!
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi again Coxy87

We have a thread dedicated to find the right poker room for you. Just go to the following thread, read the instruction on the first page, reply, wait for a couple of days. By then someone will have replied and suggested some poker rooms for you.

Finding the right poker room for you

Best of luck in your poker pro future!

RasTweet