UTG: $24.63
      MP: $5.90
      Hero (CO): $27.01
      BTN: $26.39
      SB: $25.00
      BB: $61.24

Pre Flop: ($0.37) Hero is CO with Q :spade: Q :heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.87) 6 :diamond: 5 :spade: 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, BTN calls $1.40

Turn: ($4.67) 6 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, BTN calls $3

River: ($10.67) J :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.50, BTN raises to $21.24, Hero folds

BTN

On the river it's hard to think he has the flush after calling me on the turn, it's hard to think he has fullhouse after just calling on this flop (slowplaying a set or 76 on this board, especially with this high raise CB value??), and it would be strange that he waited till a flush river to raise a straight, so the push really surprised me. JJ would be the most legit hand he can have in this spot...
      On the river I bet for value mainly against 88/99/TT, which he could herocall with.
      What do you think?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don´t like that much river valuebet. It is always hard him to call you down with medium pp-s and cosnider your bet size you likely does not have there hands that can call shove, so he may easily bluffshove you.
      c/c river would also give you reads what he is calling pf, flop and turn

If I would valuebet river I would make it 8$ that imo looks more credible that I might be bluffing and then I don´t have to worry him bluffshoving worse hands

best regards,
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

I don´t like that much river valuebet. It is always hard him to call you down with medium pp-s and cosnider your bet size you likely does not have there hands that can call shove, so he may easily bluffshove you.
      c/c river would also give you reads what he is calling pf, flop and turn

If I would valuebet river I would make it 8$ that imo looks more credible that I might be bluffing and then I don´t have to worry him bluffshoving worse hands

best regards,
      Don't you think such a passive player is never going to bluff the river with something like 88? Nor I think he will bet the river for value if we check.

And what about ch/f?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Likely not, but why you think he is going to call you down with medium pp-s, when overcard and flushdraw got there. I think your hand is too strong to c/f, but if you have reads that player would not bluff there then c/f is fine.