This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR 7s3s

• punta
      punta
      Bronze
      HORRID last two days for me lost 1/2 my profit for the month :(

I thought I played the one OK

Party Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
      8 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is BB with 7 3
      UTG calls, 5 folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 7 4 2 ($0.3, 3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.2, UTG raises to $0.4, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.6, UTG calls.

Turn: J ($3.5, 2 players)

River: Q ($3.5, 2 players)

Results:
      Final pot: $3.5
      Hero shows 7s 3s
      UTG shows Qs Ad
  • 4 replies
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      I disagree, I would say you played it wrong.

If you check the SSS articles, you will find following:
      a) You have top pair on the flop, but it's with a very weak kicker, so you should play check/fold.
      b) You also got your flush draw, but when free-playing, you don't play your draws in the aggressive way.

Now, going down on the flop... First, I don't think your bet was ok, but even if it was, you should never have pushed the raise. Why? What cards could your opponent be holding for raising?

+ Top pair, like you, but with a better kicker.
      + A better flush draw.
      + An overpair, or 2 overcards.

Also, remember you opponent limped in from UTG, so he probably has good cards. And... a bad fold is better than a bad call.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      I disagree on this one. I would class this as pretty much a monster draw. TP, FD and BDSD, 2 pair outs etc.

I'm not reading the SSS articles, so I am prepared to be shot down, but if UTG is also playing TP, he can't be playing the FD, and if he has FD, he can't have TP. I would bet/call/raise all in on this flop too.
      Bronze
      The monster draw is a thing we want to put all of our money on. All-in as soon as possible - so you played it correctly.

At Amirapuato: he's a slight favourite agains both, better fd and an overpair. Against A7 he's like 47:53 so (taking into account the pot odds) he still have to go all-in on this.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      bet more on flop 0.3-0.4
      the other option is to c/r