• punta
      HORRID last two days for me lost 1/2 my profit for the month :(

I thought I played the one OK

Party Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
      8 players

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is BB with 7 3
      UTG calls, 5 folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 7 4 2 ($0.3, 3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.2, UTG raises to $0.4, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.6, UTG calls.

Turn: J ($3.5, 2 players)

River: Q ($3.5, 2 players)

Final pot: $3.5
      Hero shows 7s 3s
      UTG shows Qs Ad
  • 4 replies
    • Amirapuato
      I disagree, I would say you played it wrong.

If you check the SSS articles, you will find following:
      a) You have top pair on the flop, but it's with a very weak kicker, so you should play check/fold.
      b) You also got your flush draw, but when free-playing, you don't play your draws in the aggressive way.

Now, going down on the flop... First, I don't think your bet was ok, but even if it was, you should never have pushed the raise. Why? What cards could your opponent be holding for raising?

+ Top pair, like you, but with a better kicker.
      + A better flush draw.
      + An overpair, or 2 overcards.

Also, remember you opponent limped in from UTG, so he probably has good cards. And... a bad fold is better than a bad call.
    • aciddrop
      I disagree on this one. I would class this as pretty much a monster draw. TP, FD and BDSD, 2 pair outs etc.

I'm not reading the SSS articles, so I am prepared to be shot down, but if UTG is also playing TP, he can't be playing the FD, and if he has FD, he can't have TP. I would bet/call/raise all in on this flop too.
      The monster draw is a thing we want to put all of our money on. All-in as soon as possible - so you played it correctly.

At Amirapuato: he's a slight favourite agains both, better fd and an overpair. Against A7 he's like 47:53 so (taking into account the pot odds) he still have to go all-in on this.
    • xylere
      bet more on flop 0.3-0.4
      the other option is to c/r