5CD or 7 card stud?

• 5 replies
    • Metamorphis
      Metamorphis
      Bronze
      I think 5CD is the most active poker variant beside of Omaha and NLHE. 5CD also got about 4 or 5 daily 1.10$ tournaments with 200$ GTD prizepool. Alot of fish there as well, I managed to get in the money the second time I played it. After that it's been abit up&down for me, but I've definately made alot more than I've lost playing the 5CD MTT's alltho' I'm fairly new at it.
    • SonOfSonOfSpock
      SonOfSonOfSpock
      Bronze
      The answer is 5 Card Draw.
      7 Card Stud have traffic but continue to have the Chinese problem so you can't play at High Stakes table's. Is a game that makes your bankroll unstable... you win mutch and lose mutch.

The most profitable?

7 Card Stud if well played is the second most profitable Poker game according to Mike Caro and many other great players.

MTT's:

I don't think that any player come to both games to play in tournaments. They are both a Natural Cash Games.
    • SonOfSonOfSpock
      SonOfSonOfSpock
      Bronze
      Materials/Videos/Articles:

5 Card Draw

Videos:

Deuces Cracked:

Luck of the Draw - Episode 3
      Luck of the Draw - Episode 4

Articles:

Mike Caro's article in Super System I

Materials:

Pokermedley article writting by BigPouch
      2+2 Search for BigPouch mensages

7 Card Stud

Articles:

David "Chip" Reese article in Super System I

Buy the book: 7 Card Stud for Advanced Players and you will beat High Stakes.
    • jon011
      jon011
      Silver
      I'm not sure about that but adding some skill and tricks to stud games is always good.

Secondly, I think 5 Card Draw MTTs are quite popular and not very tough. $1,1 ($200 GTD) is probably the softest due to inexperienced players and maybe some lack of seriousness. Good deeper stack tourneys are also daily $5,5-s which are quite easy up to final table. Daily $22 has the most regulars, but recently Stars dropped its $1000 GTD to $750 and playing 30-40 player tournament helps to gain experience. My favourites Draw MTTs are the nightly $16,5 turbo and turbo 2x chance which are always fun. I wouldn't recommend playing the weekly $215 PL Draw though, because generally the best 5 card draw cash players attend it and only few unknowns.
    • SonOfSonOfSpock
      SonOfSonOfSpock
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jon011
      I'm not sure about that but adding some skill and tricks to stud games is always good.
      Is what they say. I've never read that book.