888 vs. poker stars rake

• Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      wow just realised the rake difference between 888 and stars for HU hyper SnGs, im tempted to stay on 888 because of my FDB and the amount of fish till i clear the bonus

888 Hypers

$1.50+0.1
      $3+0.2
      $6+0.4

Stars
      $1.44+0.06
      $3.4+0.1
      $7+0.33

im playing the $3.20s on 888 curently, id be payin half the rake for a bigger BI?! but as i get 20% for my FDB amoung other stuff gunna stay at 888 just while i clear the bonus, just thought id share this :)
  • 12 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Alex!

I see we are both fond of the hyper games.

From memory (haven't played at 888 since early this year) 888 is also softer than Stars so you should also take that into consideration too.

From a personal point of view, I prefer Stars software. Will go back to 888 someday though!

Hope you crush,
      Gary
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      yeah i have and decided to stay only as long as my bonus is being cleared, then im back to stars, you been playing nay gary or purely just your steps challenge?

alex
    • daun666
      daun666
      Bronze
      imo just move stars.
      Assuming you have same winrate at stars you make more without rakeback than at 888 with bonus playing the same stake.
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      yeahhh but i dont think i would have the same win rate im not sure, 888 is so fishy
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

upswing :p The 2 i lost were standard races anyways
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Stars have the lowest rake out there (may be better, but not many and certainly not with the same game availability).

888 have one of the weakest player pools in the market and one of the higher rake structures.

Neither have an amazing VIP system.

As always, the best decision is to spend most of your time where you make the highest $/hour played.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      FWIW at higher stakes 888 has one of the lowest rake structures in the business.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Castle93
      yeah i have and decided to stay only as long as my bonus is being cleared, then im back to stars, you been playing nay gary or purely just your steps challenge?

alex
      Haven't played any hypers at Stars for maybe a month or so. What I was playing there was Hyper-Turbo Satellites and not your standard Hyper-Turbo SNGs. Played a couple of them but no sample really.
    • daun666
      daun666
      Bronze
      3.5 also at starts are veeeeeery fishy.
      Whats your ITM % if I may ask?
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Ill put the rake this way, 4 tabling NL10 with semi decent volume i would have to put in a lot of time to reach gold status, 1 tabling HU hypers, ive nearly reached 500 SP in like half the month haha

Haven't played any hypers at Stars for maybe a month or so. What I was playing there was Hyper-Turbo Satellites and not your standard Hyper-Turbo SNGs. Played a couple of them but no sample really.
      Gary, always a pleasure :D I only started playing the HU hypers last week xD but i did also sometimes play the 6 max hypers sats for the sunday storm? every play those?

Stars have the lowest rake out there (may be better, but not many and certainly not with the same game availability).

888 have one of the weakest player pools in the market and one of the higher rake structures.

Neither have an amazing VIP system.

As always, the best decision is to spend most of your time where you make the highest $/hour played.[/QUOTE]

yeahhh your right, at my stakes at least, gunna stick with 888 for the moment, seems a shame to waste the bonus when the player pool is so fishy, im probably making more for the moment as im a fish too xD

FWIW at higher stakes 888 has one of the lowest rake structures in the business.

interesting, can yu tell me what kinda stakes wasy? i know that for HU hypers, stars charges less rake for a $30 game than 888 does for a $12.50 game!

3.5 also at starts are veeeeeery fishy.
      Whats your ITM % if I may ask?

ahhh daun ive seen your blog around, may have to give it a read later, hmmm my ITM finishs arent great as yu have to remember im learnin as i go along and trying to pick up any material to improve my game

for the $1.60s its 50%, which due to rake im losing

for the $3.20s im 52% which im like 1.5BI down, but i feel my game has improves loads just over this short space on time so guess maybe after a decent smaple of maybe 1k games, could get a slightly better idea?

whats your ITM finishes?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Yep, played every $3.74 up to $18 hyper turbo sats for about a month and then sold the T$ when finished. Built up a few decent bankrolls with a few miniature deposits but the variance and bad beats in these games are super sick so got bored when I started losing a lot :D

Defo need a sick BRM for those games 150BIs+ if you wanna play them properly :)
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      yeahhh if your prepared to move down and up id say 75BI is enough , espesh at the micros