BTN: $25.00
      SB: $23.13
      BB: $4.71
      UTG: $23.27
      Hero (MP): $25.62
      CO: $44.15

Pre Flop: ($0.37) Hero is MP with J :heart: J :spade:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.75, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.87) 2 :diamond: 9 :diamond: 4 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, BTN raises to $3.73, Hero calls $2.33

Turn: ($9.33) Q :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $5.55, Hero folds

BTN

He can raise me here mostly with flushdraws and sets, so I dont like my line (calling flop raise, check/folding blank turn) at all.
      How would you play this?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

If I assume him being capable of raising with wide range there then I'd just 3bet it and make the decision right on the flop. There ain't many safe cards for us on the turn, therefore doesn't make really sense to Call without even having any backdoors. If fold turn then Bet/Fold right on the flop.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello pcfmcc02,

If I assume him being capable of raising with wide range there then I'd just 3bet it and make the decision right on the flop. There ain't many safe cards for us on the turn, therefore doesn't make really sense to Call without even having any backdoors. If fold turn then Bet/Fold right on the flop.

Best Regards.
      Do you think it's profitable to 3bet flop even vs a wide range? I suppose we call a shove if we 3bet flop? But he will never shove flushdraw but probably only sets. I think he will call the 3bet most of the time with FD's.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Best Regards.
      Do you think it's profitable to 3bet flop even vs a wide range? I suppose we call a shove if we 3bet flop? But he will never shove flushdraw but probably only sets. I think he will call the 3bet most of the time with FD's.
      Well, wouldn't make sense to Bet/Call it either:
      a) we give free card for him to hit;
      b) he can decide what he is going to do on turn (can check behind & get free card);
      c) there are too many scare-cards which we are not able to call as any overcard/FD card.

So not really, I don't like calling here at all vs more aggressive player without having the J which could at least work out for flush on the turn when it completes.

What are you hoping to see on the turn when you continue? Or hoping to see check-behind from him?