Breaking the $1,000,000 - life journey

• suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      First post is in the spoiler.

:spade: I moved onto playing the 6max hypers and will be climbing the stakes :spade:

BR --> $100
      I had to withdraw for credit card use and all that. I should be back up in no time!

Hello boys and girls, this is actually my third blog :f_biggrin:
      My first was a random, moving up from NL2, type thing. And my second was actually to reach supernova this year but that doesn't look too realistic after only achieving somewhere around 18K VPPs lol. There was really too much school for my liking, but that's all over now!

So this brings my goal for the summer, raise $10,000 :s_cool: . My peak in my BR was $3,000 but I withdrew a lot to buy a new laptop (that will last me a life time if I take care of it, it's so powerful :D --> XPS 17: i7, 8GB RAM, nvidia 555m GT 3GB [I know huge overkill but it was only $1350 on sale]), new cell phone, band space, etc. So eventually I withdrew until I had $750 left in my account, but it went terribly for a little while. I ended up with $450 at some point, had to withdraw a little more because people weren't paying me back on time :P It was hurting me to withdraw again last night because of such a small BR I was going to be left with, bu...s = $200

Why $10,000? Because it would be my first exciting 5 digit number. And it will leave me a comfortable alcohol/party budget for the school year.

What will I play? If I'm very limited in time, cash games (unlikely because it's summer with no commitments to anything else). Overall, I'll be playing MTSNGs and eventually moving on to tournaments because they're very profitable.

What's my plan? Start off with the $1.50 45-mans, move up in limits at 100-150 BI. When I reach $750, go back to the 180 mans. Move up limits when I reach 300BI. I haven't looked at the tournament line ups so I'm not so sure yet what my BR should be (I know it should be ~300-400BI but I don't know if there are enough micro tournaments running to put nice volume in. When I have enough BIs for a nice volume, I'll move to tournaments).

There are side goals such as working out and eating right, but that's a must already because moshpits in montreal are already tough and it's easier to get girls :coolface:
  • 439 replies
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      :f_cool: following (fellow Montrealer)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey suitedaces1701,

Awesome to see you blogging again and wish you best of luck at the tables! :)
      Looking forward to more updates!

Ingrid
    • tadcka
      tadcka
      Black
      Make 5digits bankroll in summer is my main goal too. Will be checking how are you doing :) GL!
    • Andyuk18
      Andyuk18
      Bronze
      Nice challenge sir, will follow. Might see you in my games soon if you're sticking to 45 mans for the time being. ;)
    • kevvu
      kevvu
      Bronze
      GL man.
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      @Jagglink It's nice to see another montrealer on here :club:

@Ingrid Thanks for the wishes!

@tadcka I wish you luck too and will also be checking your blog out if you have one lol :)

@Andyuk18 Hopefully for you, you were in my games today, I just donated more money to the poker community lol. I'll see you at the tables sir.

@Kevvu Thanks

Pokerstars was kicking my ass today so I decided to call it a little early. This is not how I wanted to start my goal lol, hopefully it won't keep going like this! I promised myself that I wouldn't work for anyone else ever again so I don't know what will happen if I don't make any money :P . Tomorrow I will be reviewing so many tournaments before my session. Here's today's results

• Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      you'll be buyin a new laptop in two years
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      challenge accepted
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      Your band will be playing Stadiums in 5

Any goals for 10 years? :f_biggrin:
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      Yea, Heavy MTL :]

Hello fellow readers, I'm updating again.

My BR = $177.89 now which is not very good considering I had a big upswing but made sooo many mistakes after :facepalm:
      Although my winnings are a little under EV so good news, it will go back up :)

I learned my lesson, don't play too many tables hung over!
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      Do you ever play live poker? If so where? Contact me if you wanna hear 'bout some soft games :s_cool:
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      good luck on your challenge - I recently did a similar thing, $200 into almost 2k in just over a month - so it is possible, but I think the $1.50's is going to be too slow.

The $3.50 45mans are very soft IMO, and you'd need a really awful streak of luck (60BI!) to go broke.. I'd expect to be able to beat $3.50 easily in order to reach $10k anyway, which I think is very possible...

if you want to sweat some 45 mans and are up Canada late hours (I'm in T.O. but don't hold that against me eh?) let me know.
    • JacktShipper
      JacktShipper
      Bronze
      hey there!

check out my blogg sometime i did something (am doing) something very similar ^^

i started with 600 on april 1, now at almost 7.5K so I'm almost finished ^^

cool to see similar challenges ilke this tho, best of luck and sorry for off topic ^^
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      Originally posted by jaggedlink
      Do you ever play live poker? If so where? Contact me if you wanna hear 'bout some soft games :s_cool:
      All I play right now is the freeroll that playground poker has every last wednesday of the month. I've gone into 2 so far and shipped the first haha :D got sucked out by 42o when I had AKo 15BB pre all-in on the second time, finished like 7th. NL200 is too high stakes for me to actually play cashgames lol.

good luck on your challenge - I recently did a similar thing, $200 into almost 2k in just over a month - so it is possible, but I think the $1.50's is going to be too slow. The $3.50 45mans are very soft IMO, and you'd need a really awful streak of luck (60BI!) to go broke.. I'd expect to be able to beat $3.50 easily in order to reach $10k anyway, which I think is very possible... if you want to sweat some 45 mans and are up Canada late hours (I'm in T.O. but don't hold that against me eh?) let me know.

Hey thanks. I know the $3.50s are soft but if I hit a downswing, I'll end up with a very low BR and it'll take forever to get back up there with the $1.50s, that's why I'm just grinding the $1.50s right now with a conservative BR and move up when I hit ~$300. This is also the only BR I have and I really don't want a job, so that makes me want to play conservative too. I'm guessing T. O. is Toronto Ontario, I'll let you know if I ever head out there :)

hey there! check out my blogg sometime i did something (am doing) something very similar ^^ i started with 600 on april 1, now at almost 7.5K so I'm almost finished ^^ cool to see similar challenges ilke this tho, best of luck and sorry for off topic ^^

Sounds interesting, I'll check it out. Good luck on hitting $10K but by the look of things, you already have :s_thumbsup:
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      Freeroll is sundays apparently now, Ill see you there maybe. You might have even been there like 4 months ago, the last time I went :P

Variance will be the death of me... BB/100 is pretty much 7BB right now which is low I know. I've had a couple dumb early game 100BB all-ins that I knew I was behind.

Graphs speak for them selves :)

PS: yea I'm updating quite a bit but that's only cause it's midnight and I lost at starcraft 2 or I killed diablo and don't really feel like doing again right now. And no parties

• RedHeater
      RedHeater
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Targetme
      you'll be buyin a new laptop in two years
      ...or at least, in 4-5 years. Its hard to eek out more time than this. Moore"s Law and all that....
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      I'm in the middle of a session right now and I'm ready to learn what a sweat session is :P so gavinomynous, add me up on skype: [edited by fruktpuff]
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Please refrain from sharing personal contact information on public boards.

Use the community tool and send skype and the likes over PM please.
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      Ok thanks