[NL2-NL10] NL5 Zoom flopped vs turned Flush

• DaPhunk
      PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($5.81)
      SB ($7.74)
      BB ($9.48)
      UTG ($7.73)
      UTG+1 ($5.47)
      MP1 ($10.37)
      Hero (MP2) ($6.40)
      MP3 ($5.23)
      CO ($7.73)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, Q
      3 folds, Hero bets $0.15, MP3 calls $0.15, 4 folds

Flop: ($0.37) 6, Q, 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, MP3 calls $0.25

Turn: ($0.87) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, MP3 raises to $1.25, Hero calls $0.75

River: ($3.37) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.05, MP3 raises to $1, Hero folds

Total pot: $3.47 | Rake: $0.14

This is a really important hand for me to post because its happened a lot recently and I'm not sure what to do. I want to value-bet on turn, but then I frequently feel like I'm getting great implied odds to call to hit my Full-House / Quads.

I never seem to have time to actually do anything more than a rough guess at how much we have behind.

Oh, I minbet river because I've been facing a lot of them and they really throw me off. Its only 1 Chip for me to spend and if it means he might get confused and just call with a better hand (or one with showdown value) I think its worth a try.
  • 2 replies
    • DaPhunk
      Ok, I played with Equilator;

Preflop calling range;

He can call that range with all Axs Diamonds, Adk, AdQ and oftentime will figure its a good flop to cbet so call with his Pocket pairs.

Sometimes raising the set or some Flushdraws on flop, but if he plays those passive as a lot of players on zoom seem to I'll put him on wanting to raise turn with semibluffs or Flush. AdK AdQ 77 through TT and the AQs AJs ATs and random Axs that hit.

Of these 4.83% of hands 3.62% are not flushes or 2.71% if I remove two of the PP combos. Therefore I can either Jam to get value from his semi-bluffs or if he won't call anything but flushes which is likely I have to call and minibet induce river presuming it is :diamond: free.

All in all, it seems that call turn and on river minbet/call would have been better than minbet/fold :p (Although sizing there makes me think he has a value hand wanting a call)
    • veriz
      Hello DaPhunk,

I agree about your line on the turn and doesn't make sense to shove there without much of information. I'd also rather Call while his range is full of FDs on the flop and not sure how many sets even raise you there when FD completes

Although about the river I'd rather Check and take a look a this play and Bet and might then act accordingly and maybe even Call down if I get that good odds. Cause sometimes they could still even come up with sets, you never know and not to talk about KQ which might not understand that he turned his hand into bluff. :D

Best Regards.