This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH NLHE 50 Betting without a sidepot?

• orojanjivu
      orojanjivu
      Bronze
      After the fish shoved I snap called not noticing there was someone else in the hand. Id usually rather isolate or fold and let the SB call who most certainly would call hen.
      Anyway - once we go to the flop and it gets checked to me I feel like a pair gives me the right to bet - even though there is no sidepot. Just for protection in case I do have the best hand. Is it better to check there, and why?

As it turns out The fish did have the best hand so questio is - Am I really bluffing or am I protecting there and if there is a code of poker ethics - is it ok to push an opponent out of the hand who might have had me beat right there but assuming i never bluff in this spot goes ahead and folds the best hand.

The suckout was sweet though. :D

Opinions?

CO: $49.25
      BTN: $50.89
      SB: $52.75
      BB: $5.30
      Hero (UTG): $116.32
      MP: $77.19

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with 4 :diamond: 4 :club:

Hero raises to $1.75, 3 folds, SB calls $1.50, BB raises to $5.30 all in, Hero calls $3.55, SB calls $3.55

Flop: ($15.90) 7 :diamond: 6 :club: 9 :spade: (3 players - 1 is all in)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7, SB folds

Turn: ($15.90) 4 :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($15.90) Q :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

BB shows A :heart: 9 :heart:
  • 1 reply