BTN: $25.00
      SB: $52.93
      BB: $21.77
      UTG: $18.01
      Hero (UTG+1): $72.03
      MP1: $9.66
      MP2: $26.90

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG+1 with Q :spade: Q :heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, CO raises to $3.25, 3 folds, Hero calls $2.25

Flop: ($6.85) 4 :club: 9 :spade: 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($6.85) T :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.38, CO calls $4.38

River: ($15.61) J :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.00, Hero calls $4

I let him bet the river with some busted high cards because after his X on the flop I doubted that his any overpair. Yes and I was ready to call a bigger bet
  • 6 replies
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      When he calls AK on the turn I think he's going to check behind the river with it...

I'd valuebet river mostly vs AT/QJs 7.5$

What he had?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Guess if you want to avoid him raising you on the river then it's fine to rather turn your hand into bluff-catcher. Cause it would be hard for us to Bet/Call here. Especially if he has high AF and has been raising then I'd also Check/Call over block-bet.

Although while he is rather unknown (50 hands) might even go for a Bet myself.

But what I'd ask here is why not to pick 4bet-value here vs such a guy? :P

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

Guess if you want to avoid him raising you on the river then it's fine to rather turn your hand into bluff-catcher. Cause it would be hard for us to Bet/Call here. Especially if he has high AF and has been raising then I'd also Check/Call over block-bet.

Best Regards.
      Isn't a 3bet over a UTG open very strong? He looks like an active 3better but those guys love to attack late pos opens
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

Best Regards.
      Isn't a 3bet over a UTG open very strong? He looks like an active 3better but those guys love to attack late pos opens
      28/26 and with 13.3 for a FR players seems pretty aggressive. Of course the sample isn't huge but I would assume we had some dynamics there to make the 4bet profitable.

Not saying that 4bet is a must, calling the 3bet is pretty standard towards unknown.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      2 reason not to 4bet:
      -Wanted to keep his range wide
      -dont know his 3betting range but I should be ahead
      -secondly wanna end up the session still with the profit because I fought hard to come back after losing 30$ :P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Sikac
      2 reason not to 4bet:
      -Wanted to keep his range wide
      -dont know his 3betting range but I should be ahead
      -secondly wanna end up the session still with the profit because I fought hard to come back after losing 30$ :P
      What's the question? :D