Can't convert hands!

• Tiltmeifucan
      Tiltmeifucan
      Bronze
      Hi

As tittle says i can't convert hands :facepalm: . I decided to post it here in begginer section, cause in my blog i didn't get response. I am using HM2, try many methods, copy/ paste in converter, copy w stats/ paste in converter. Show replay than copy to hand to desktop and then try to paste still nothing.

Also i don't care about that you can post hand without converting that's ridiculous. :s_p:
  • 8 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Tiltmeifucan,

I'll try to get you some help now.

Ingrid
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey Tiltmeifucan,

Can you provide me information on the platform you play on & the tracking software you use? This way I can probably get a solution much faster!

If your happy to format the hand history yourself you can post it - as long as it's not a wall of .xls code that no one can understand - that would be counter-productive for someone who wants to judge your hand, hence the forum rule :)

All the best,

-E
    • Tiltmeifucan
      Tiltmeifucan
      Bronze
      I play on Pokerstars, and i am using Holdem Manager 2

I would consider to convert hands myself. If it would be 1 hand per session, but when it's 5-10 hands that's crazy.
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Yeah the pokerstrategy converter is not working for me either, basically either go through view and choose pokerstrategy setting or use the long way with copy and paste it in other online converter, both options are described here: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1971/How+do+I+post+hands+in+the+forums%3F
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey Krishjanis,

Thanks very much for your post!

The PokerStrategy.com Hand converter can take some getting used to. It's no longer supported by our team and as such may operate differently to a hand converter which you otherwise may be used to.

The easiest method I've found so far is this:

1. Open the hand you want to export in the Hand re-player in HEM2
      2. Bottom left of the re-player: "Upload to" --> select "Export Hand", save it
      3. Open that file as a text file, and copy the contents into the text box in the hand converter

The contents of the text file should represent something like this:

code:
      File: HH20120515 Donati #4 - $0.02-$0.05 - USD No Limit Hold'em.txt
      PokerStars Hand #80502946950:  Hold'em No Limit ($0.02/$0.05) - 2012/05/15 23:50:27 CET [2012/05/15 17:50:27 ET]
      Table 'Donati' 6-max
      Seat 1: dontorre ($2.76 in chips) 
      Seat 2: l33tsoz ($6.07 in chips) 
      Seat 3: MANU_anperla ($6.26 in chips) 
      Seat 4: burdburd ($5.76 in chips) 
      Seat 5: NeAbuZe ($9.28 in chips) 
      Seat 6: Kong112 ($5.34 in chips) 
      l33tsoz: posts small blind $0.02
      MANU_anperla: posts big blind $0.05
      *** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to l33tsoz [9s Td]
      burdburd: folds 
      NeAbuZe: folds 
      Kong112: folds 
      dontorre: folds 
      l33tsoz: folds 
      Uncalled bet ($0.03) returned to MANU_anperla
      MANU_anperla collected $0.04 from pot
      MANU_anperla: doesn't show hand 
      *** SUMMARY ***
      Total pot $0.04 | Rake $0 
      Seat 1: dontorre folded before Flop (didn't bet)
      Seat 2: l33tsoz (small blind) folded before Flop
      Seat 3: MANU_anperla (big blind) collected ($0.04)
      Seat 4: burdburd folded before Flop (didn't bet)
      Seat 5: NeAbuZe folded before Flop (didn't bet)
      Seat 6: Kong112 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

And the hand itself when converted will look like this:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):
      $6.07
      BB:
      $6.26

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, T.
      5 folds, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.02.

I've personally never had any issues using this method, I even just got a ZOOM hand to work - so it seems terribly straightforward using those steps, and I think that should work fine for all users as well.

Just let me know if you have any further issues!

All the best,

-Euan
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Tested some hands and basically Pokerstrategy.com converter and handconverter.com doesn't do Zoom hands, you need to delete the word "Zoom" at the start of the hand's text then it will convert it. So with this now clear the easiest way is to use the "View" window and then choosing pokerstrategy.com and pasting it straight in the forum. The second way is just right clicking the hand and copy it in the converter and then you paste it in the forum. And then the third way is to export the text file and copying from there which is just unnecessary and then going to converter and then only pasting it in the forum. And if you want the hand with stats you can't even do it with exporting the hand to a text file. :)
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Very epic contributiuon - thanks for your information Krishjanis

My zoom hand was saved under normal hands in my HEM2, so without actually having to remove text - I was able to convert the Zoom hand without any issues.

Tiltmeifucan I hope you learned all you need to know - you know where to find us if your want to chat more!

Cheers,
    • Tiltmeifucan
      Tiltmeifucan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Krishjanis
      Tested some hands and basically Pokerstrategy.com converter and handconverter.com doesn't do Zoom hands, you need to delete the word "Zoom" at the start of the hand's text then it will convert it. So with this now clear the easiest way is to use the "View" window and then choosing pokerstrategy.com and pasting it straight in the forum. The second way is just right clicking the hand and copy it in the converter and then you paste it in the forum. And then the third way is to export the text file and copying from there which is just unnecessary and then going to converter and then only pasting it in the forum. And if you want the hand with stats you can't even do it with exporting the hand to a text file. :)
      So there's the problem. Alright thank you everyone, i knew i could count on you guys! :heart: