PT3 Still work on Stars?

• syphonp
      syphonp
      Bronze
      After having a break from poker for a while im wondering if you can still use the poker tracker 3 software on stars? A lots changed full tilts frozen and on PTR you cant look up cash player on stars anymore....
  • 5 replies
    • bjela
      bjela
      Bronze
      poker tracker will work

full tilt is closed right now (if you've somehow missed it, internet is full of news of it) and stars has blocked ptr.
    • syphonp
      syphonp
      Bronze
      Thanks bjela are you a stars user yourself, i heard they changed something with the buy ins as well the deter/disbale SSS of being used is that true?
    • bjela
      bjela
      Bronze
      Yeah, I'm at stars, but I'm not playing cash. One of our cash game players will be able to help you more with this.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      hey syphonp

Yeh that's true. A lot of poker sites have now changed the minimum Buy-Ins on their cash tables now. There are a small amount that still allow you to buy in for 20 big blinds but not many. We have new strategy articles that have been adjusted to use with the new Buy-in limits which we call the Mid Stack Strategy (MSS) you can take a look here:

Shot & Mid Stack Strategy

As for Pokertracker3 yeh you can use it still at Stars and you can download the beta version of Pokertracker4, which is the nuts if you ask me, by checking out their website.

Regards
      Carl
    • syphonp
      syphonp
      Bronze
      thanks carl ill check out the MSS, i was a winning player using SSS on NL25 and NL50 but due to starting a new job was unable to put the time in anymore so withdrew my aim is to deposit $600 on stars to get the deposit bonus and start a blog im just wondering what format would be best suited for me im working 4 on 4 off shifts so can put in around 35 hours a week. Shame about the SSS but onwards ans upwards i did start playing some BSS on NL10 and some small SNGs with relative sucess just gota figure out which one to go for and which will be best in terms or clearing the bonus in time. With pt4 being a beta version does this mean its free to use and are there any limititations?