First day with my bankroll

    • vermoont
      vermoont
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.05.2008 Posts: 34
      Playing VERY tight aggressive, and muti tabling with 4 tables I was able to get my bankroll up to $100, I then played a $2 freezeout tourney which I ended up winning, for another $70 or so. So in my first day I am closing my client at $163. Not bad in a days work.
      Now at what point am I allowed to play 10c/20c blinds?
      There are soo many donkeys on Full tilt it's unbelievable.
      Hope this upswing continues for a bit longer.
      Oh by the way vvvvveeery interesting articles, been giving them a lot of thought and agree with most of what is being said.
      Any Who, just needed to tell someone my good news
  • 11 replies
    • CyaET
      CyaET
      Bronze
      Joined: 31.01.2008 Posts: 2,080
      look artilcle on bank roll management , for bss , you should have atleast 500$ to move to nl25
    • vermoont
      vermoont
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.05.2008 Posts: 34
      So I got a while to go.. LOL!
      :P
      Its been quite funny playing the small stakes, as I'm used to playing bigger stakes back home, but its very rewarding watching the bankroll grow steadily. I have decided to probably just continue playing $2 and maybe $4 tourneys and the 5c/10c tables till um up to like 1k, better over rolled then under :P .
      Wish me luck
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Joined: 29.04.2007 Posts: 13,264
      Yes, i agree. Better play overrolled then underrolled. Take advantage of all our offers and you will be successfull.

      btw: gratz to you first day :)

      Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.03.2008 Posts: 352
      Originally posted by vermoont
      Playing VERY tight aggressive, and muti tabling with 4 tables I was able to get my bankroll up to $100, I then played a $2 freezeout tourney which I ended up winning, for another $70 or so. So in my first day I am closing my client at $163. Not bad in a days work.
      Now at what point am I allowed to play 10c/20c blinds?
      There are soo many donkeys on Full tilt it's unbelievable.
      Hope this upswing continues for a bit longer.
      Oh by the way vvvvveeery interesting articles, been giving them a lot of thought and agree with most of what is being said.
      Any Who, just needed to tell someone my good news
      Did you use BSS or SSS? Coz your results are amazing.... share some pro tips :D
    • vermoont
      vermoont
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.05.2008 Posts: 34
      Ok..
      Today was a bit of a longer one :P
      I got off to a good start, winning a $2 tourney straight off the bat, but then lost about 7 in a row and was feeling quite pissed off about the situation.
      But I just won another $2 tourney and feeling great again.
      This putting my bankroll at $400!!
      Quite crazy really.
      I guess these $2 tourneys are my niche or something.
      But ye, I really do think it has a lot to do with not getting married to your cards. I really think there should be a article about just that. People calling all ins in a tourney with AK on a board with nothing for them, is just stupid, yes you might have had the best hand preflop, but sadly there are now 3 cards on the board that have destroyed that.
      :P
      I have been playing a mixture of BSS, basicly implementing the ideas of SSS with having a larger bankroll, and not going all in as much :P
      Very cool.
      I should be posting more hands, but cant get that converter to work for me and people seemed to get bummed when converter isn't used?
    • vermoont
      vermoont
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.05.2008 Posts: 34
      wooow! that should be 300 not 400.. lol. not yet! and the real amount as it stands is 329.
      Cool
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Joined: 29.04.2007 Posts: 13,264
      Originally posted by vermoont
      Ok..
      Today was a bit of a longer one :P
      I got off to a good start, winning a $2 tourney straight off the bat, but then lost about 7 in a row and was feeling quite pissed off about the situation.
      But I just won another $2 tourney and feeling great again.
      This putting my bankroll at $400!!
      Quite crazy really.
      I guess these $2 tourneys are my niche or something.
      But ye, I really do think it has a lot to do with not getting married to your cards. I really think there should be a article about just that. People calling all ins in a tourney with AK on a board with nothing for them, is just stupid, yes you might have had the best hand preflop, but sadly there are now 3 cards on the board that have destroyed that.
      :P
      I have been playing a mixture of BSS, basicly implementing the ideas of SSS with having a larger bankroll, and not going all in as much :P
      Very cool.
      I should be posting more hands, but cant get that converter to work for me and people seemed to get bummed when converter isn't used?
      I would really advice you to play SSS or BSS, but not a mixery of both, because that way you can´t use any advantages neither of the SSS nor of BSS. Read the articles and stick to the banlroll management.

      Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • vermoont
      vermoont
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.05.2008 Posts: 34
      This is true, but I really hate that going all in is such an integral part of SSS. O.K FINE!! I'll have to go with BSS. JEZ! lol
      :P
    • vermoont
      vermoont
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.05.2008 Posts: 34
      oh and im def sticking to bankroll management . Only using 2% of my bankroll or less to enter tourneys.
    • HennieP
      HennieP
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.05.2008 Posts: 120
      In a tournament you can only play SSS if you are short stacked. I'd say if you have a MZone of less than 10 you will start playing SSS.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Joined: 07.03.2008 Posts: 565
      Originally posted by HennieP
      In a tournament you can only play SSS if you are short stacked. I'd say if you have a MZone of less than 10 you will start playing SSS.
      Thats half-correct. SSS is tight aggressive play. While an Mzone of 10 is rougly equal to just above push or fold mode. (13BB) You don't really have time to wait for just the premium cards, like the SSS is based on.

      SSS is not directly appliable in Tourneys because of the rising blind structure. But aggresive yes, tight, not so much.