[NL2-NL10] NL2 pocket pair

• Aingles
      Aingles
      Bronze
      Hi there Gerv . In this hand preflop is standard , after a limper I raise to 4BB in position . The flop come kind of dry IMO , but with a scary overcard , but after hic check I decided to cbet to see if I could yake this pot down . On the turn , come another overcard , and here I have to check behind . The turn brings a blank . Throughout the hand I think he was playing a flush draw , the reason for calling my bet on the turn. On the turn and river no diamonds come , so on the river should I bet to try and take the pot down ? Also , lets imagine that I never thought he was playing a FDraw . After he checked/called the flop , checked the turn , and checked the river , should a fire a barrel on the river ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):
      $0.60
      CO:
      $2.04
      BU:
      $1.71
      SB:
      $1.98
      BB:
      $3.45
      UTG2:
      $2.09
      MP1:
      $2.45
      MP2:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T, T.
      UTG2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 4 folds, UTG2 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.19) 7, K, 4 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.12, UTG2 calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.43) Q (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.43) 5 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0.43.
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

If he has a busted flushdraw on the River, is he ever going to call the River with Acehigh when you bet? I do not see a specific reason to bet the Turn or River here as it is not for value since u dont have toppair or an overpair

- Gerv