This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 pocket pair

• Aingles
      Aingles
      Bronze
      Hi there Gerv . In this hand preflop is standard , after a limper I raise to 4BB in position . The flop come kind of dry IMO , but with a scary overcard , but after hic check I decided to cbet to see if I could yake this pot down . On the turn , come another overcard , and here I have to check behind . The turn brings a blank . Throughout the hand I think he was playing a flush draw , the reason for calling my bet on the turn. On the turn and river no diamonds come , so on the river should I bet to try and take the pot down ? Also , lets imagine that I never thought he was playing a FDraw . After he checked/called the flop , checked the turn , and checked the river , should a fire a barrel on the river ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):
      $0.60
      CO:
      $2.04
      BU:
      $1.71
      SB:
      $1.98
      BB:
      $3.45
      UTG2:
      $2.09
      MP1:
      $2.45
      MP2:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T, T.
      UTG2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 4 folds, UTG2 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.19) 7, K, 4 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.12, UTG2 calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.43) Q (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.43) 5 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0.43.
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

If he has a busted flushdraw on the River, is he ever going to call the River with Acehigh when you bet? I do not see a specific reason to bet the Turn or River here as it is not for value since u dont have toppair or an overpair

- Gerv