Basic
      UTG+2: $3.36 (84 bb) 29/17 over 7 hands
      MP1: $13.02 (325.5 bb)
      MP2: $4.07 (101.8 bb)
      MP3: $3.61 (90.3 bb)
      CO: $4 (100 bb)
      BTN: $4.99 (124.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K :heart: K :diamond:
      UTG+2 raises to $0.08, 5 folds, Hero raises to $0.28, BB folds, UTG+2 calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.60) Q :club: J :club: T :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, UTG+2 calls $0.45

Turn: ($1.50) J :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, UTG+2 raises to $2.63 and is all-in, Hero?

I know Im getting a good price, but everytime I stack off with an overpair its on a board like this. His min raise, call 3.5x 3bet range feels heavily weighted to AK,QQ,JJ,TT maybe AQ,AJ and hes clearly shoving for value here. It felt right to fold at the time, but making folds like this I always have my doubts.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello burgermeister,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

What you should be asking yourself is if you even can bet the flop for value. Might be safer to just Check it and reevaluate the further actions and maybe even keeping his range wider by Check/Calling. His calling range hardly hits here so you can't really Bet for value.

If you go for value then it means also that you are calling it down and putting him on some Qx hands also as AQ or whatsoever.

Oh and what I forgot vs a min-raise raise it bigger 4x. :)

Best Regards.