This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Help with Macs

• graz187
      graz187
      Bronze
      Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me with this here so ill give it a shot. I live in Korea but I am an American. I want to buy a computer but I dont want any Korean on it and I dont want to ship it from back home.
      My question is, has anyone bought a mac, then changed the operating system settings to a language other than the native language of the country they bought it in?
      EX, I dont want to buy a mac then change to English just to have the important, hardware, software, network...., stuff to be in Korean.
      Any help would be great and thanks ahead of time
  • 2 replies
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      I don’t think there should any problem to change the language (do they have different keyboards in Korea?). I guess you can go to any app store and change the language on demo pc’s and see if it works fine
      (Settings -> Language & Text - > Language -> Move your language to the top of the list - > and relogin/restart or just restart programs and it should be just fine).
    • graz187
      graz187
      Bronze
      Thanks Zamoda, yea thay have different keyboards but I really dont need a Korean one. Also unfortunatly I dont live in Seoul so im pretty much in a 3rd world country and the nearest apple store is like and hour and half away. I was just wondering if anyone had gone the same route