[NL20-NL50] NL25 - some questions here AT..

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      67/50 on 12 hands

Questions:
      1) preflop: call>3bet? Why? And when not?
      2) Flop: Ch/r and broke? or just call?

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1765978
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $10.57
      UTG: $25.58
      CO: $24.65
      BTN: $12.71
      Hero (SB): $46.59

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with A :spade: T :spade:
      1 fold, CO calls $0.25, BTN raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.65, 1 fold, CO calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.50) 7 :diamond: 8 :heart: 9 :club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BTN bets $1, Hero calls $1, CO folds

Turn: ($4.50) A :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.75, Hero calls $2.75

River: ($10.00) 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3, Hero calls $3
  • 7 replies
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Well depends how you saw him. If you think you can 3bet for value(not being dominated ) the go ahead. If not I dont mind calling and end up multiway very likely. Postflop I dont mind you play at all and would probably played the same :)
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      I don't think its a good idea to enter a multiway pot post flop OOP with broadways like ATs. Its a fold or a 3-Bet. When you call you also give the big blind good odds to call and see the flop.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Why not good to play multipot with nutflushcards?
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maheepsangari
      I don't think its a good idea to enter a multiway pot post flop OOP with broadways like ATs. Its a fold or a 3-Bet. When you call you also give the big blind good odds to call and see the flop.
      Why not if the players are fishy? IMO it depends how good you are postflop. Why would you mind actually the BB coming along? The only reason not to call then would be if the BB is squeeze happy.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Preflop: 3betting here over calling, especially being OOP vs unknown. It's not a 3bet for value cause we don't know him but rather as a bluff. With calling it will be tough to play our hand but of course which isn't totally off -> could keep the limper in the pot.

As played
      Postflop: Calling flop & turn is super-easy for us with OESD & TP on the turn. But I am not really sure how many hands we beat on the river? :) His range still contains even better Ax hands and even stronger hands. Wouldn't assume him turning any pairs/PPs into bluff like that.

Would mainly depend on how I see the opponent so far but for the given odds shouldn't even wrong if you assume him really capable of bluffing like that 3streets -> also very good odds. But would he really bluff? :) With his stack he could as well just Check behind the turn if he has any kind of draw.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Even 3b vs that stacksize? Or better, what does the stacksize change in our thinking about call or 3bet?

Also posted this hand @ dutch community with the question: should I fold river, even for this odds? And they say it's a call but I also think it's close and I actually never see him bluffing
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Even 3b vs that stacksize? Or better, what does the stacksize change in our thinking about call or 3bet?
      3bet size would be most likely smaller cause of his stack and calling isn't wrong here as long you also keep the limper in the game. Usually his stack size might change the case towards to Call but as said it will be tough for us to play the hand postflop. You don't have that good implied odds vs just BTN stack, so main value comes from CO if we assume him paying us.