[NL20-NL50] NL25 - weird hand.. QJs

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Villain = Regular, 22/19 (openraise MP 23%), cbet 82%, cbetturn 50%, wtsd 26.

Info = All his actions were insta...

Preflop = standard I guess
      Flop = Perfect opportunity to bet
      TURN! = What is his range when he insta donks? I thought a FD was going to cbet the flop so I rly don't know what he has. Because I can have FD and he can't my first idea was to raise his donkbet... But because he doesn't rep much I just called because it's less expensive and my plan was to bet the river when he checks. I thought that he woudn't continue bluffing the river.
      River = sizing fine?

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1766950
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $26.47
      UTG: $25.00
      CO: $28.50
      Hero (BTN): $25.00
      SB: $14.86

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with Q :heart: J :heart:
      UTG raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.85) 6 :spade: 3 :diamond: 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1.25, UTG calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.35) A :diamond: (2 players)
      UTG bets $2.49, Hero calls $2.49

River: ($9.33) K :heart: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $5.34, UTG calls $5.34
  • 4 replies
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      I would 3bet as a bluff because you dont dominate that many hands but overall calling is fine.
      Postflop seems like a trap overall he Cbets very much and plays X/C? Anyway either raise the turn or fold
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Preflop: Wouldn't say it's standard cause you didn't point out any leaks of the guy here which we could abuse. Nor we ain't ahead vs his UTG range with QJ. Therefore 3bet over calling.

As played
      Flop: He has CB of 82%, so do you think we even have much fold equity here? Would you assume he is ever folding Ace high?

As played
      Turn: Would assume that his range is full of Ax hands and made hands which wont be folding here even if you float. Without any equity it's a pretty standard fold here.

As played
      River: Not worth bluffing cause I would assume us not having much fold equity. Range is full of Ax hands which go for Check/Call on the flop.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Farmarchist,

Preflop: Wouldn't say it's standard cause you didn't point out any leaks of the guy here which we could abuse. Nor we ain't ahead vs his UTG range with QJ. Therefore 3bet over calling.
      Can you give some leaks you are looking for in this spots?

He has CB of 82%, so do you think we even have much fold equity here? Would you assume he is ever folding Ace high?

What does his a cbet% mean in this spot? Isn't this a board where people ch/f more often and protect with valuehands? Well, I thought A high has to fold vs my range oop...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Can you give some leaks you are looking for in this spots?

Usually CB leaks as CB big on the flop and small on the turn or as well very big on the flop which we can raise with a lot of draws. Also would be nice if he had low WTSD/W$SD. Also what's the most important thing our image on the table and if he realize how we play.

What does his a cbet% mean in this spot? Isn't this a board where people ch/f more often and protect with valuehands? Well, I thought A high has to fold vs my range oop...

Depends on Hero image here, as I saw enough of Sikac hands I would assume he is turning a lot of hands into bluff here with his raising and that may cause UTG even to turn his made hands as well into bluff and neither we can't represent much here while we most likely have a wider calling range from the BTN. Would assume the guy floating a lot of Ax hands and sometimes some smaller PPs which don't want to face a raise but meanwhile knows that Hero is bluffing a lot.