River: ($1.02, 2 players) 2:club:
      BB bets $0.73, Hero calls $0.73

18/9/inf/0 over 11
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello staktas,

You kind of turned your hand into bluff-induce on the turn with Checking behind. Although I am not sure how many those bluffs hands he will even have there. Meanwhile he will still have those Ax floats and maybe even stronger hands. Therefore I'd rather fold it on the river.

Betting myself over calling the river vs unknown where we can pick up the sizing ourselves on turn and might even protect. :)

Best Regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      You kind of turned your hand into bluff-induce on the turn with Checking behind.

Why are we betting the turn? Isn't it pretty hard for villain to call with weaker pairs? Or do we need to give the opponent the opportunity to put money in with a worse hand that is only ever c/'ing? Also, we protect against some gutshots and get a free show-down by betting the turn?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by muel294
      You kind of turned your hand into bluff-induce on the turn with Checking behind.

Why are we betting the turn? Isn't it pretty hard for villain to call with weaker pairs? Or do we need to give the opponent the opportunity to put money in with a worse hand that is only ever c/'ing? Also, we protect against some gutshots and get a free show-down by betting the turn?
      Not only protection but I see still some value even from worse there. It's difficult for us to Call the river if the opponent bets big, which even happened. Rather pick the sizing on the turn yourself to avoid exactly those bigger bets on river.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Cool, makes sense. Thanks veriz.