[NL2-NL10] NL5 3bet pot flopped set, horrible board.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($5.10)
      SB ($4.52)
      Hero (BB) ($5)
      UTG ($5)
      MP ($3.41)
      CO ($7.43)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J
      2 folds, CO bets $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.62) K, J, 10 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, CO calls $0.45

Turn: ($1.52) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.15, CO calls $1.15

River: ($3.82) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.10 (All-In), CO calls $3.10

Total pot: $10.02 | Rake: $0.42

My villain is a huge fish but I have no sample on him. I think he's like 86/50 on 6 hands or something, you get the picture. I meant to 3bet bigger preflop could have helped.

Turn I'm fine with, KK is less likely and KQ and AK even Kx is way happier to pay me off.

After I make my turn-sizing perfect for shoving river one of two possible bad cards rolls off (don't want A and Q)

Normally I think I have to Check/Fold.... however,

Given villain seems like a spazztard I decide to still shove but it feels that its probably too close. There are plenty of hands that beat me now, KQ KJ KT (QQ) which are very likely as even a huge fish could have been scared off earlier on with a worse hand.

I could always bet small to extract value from K4s or some random stuff he might have but I don't know If I could fold to his shove after....
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DaPhunk,

Preflop: Against min-raise I'd use 4x raise.
      Postflop: Especially if you putting the opponent on such a range as K4s then ship the river. :) No way to pick some kind of dumb sizing there and block-bet it. Even without it I would assume vs his loose range to see enough of worse hands.

Best Regards.