[NL2-NL10] Kk Nl5 Sh

• puccini1
      puccini1
      Bronze
      This was Villan's first hand so absolutely no stats at this point.

I've recently moved to NL from FL (about 300 hands) so would appreciate a view on calling the AI.

I've got some follow up questions around this subject but keep it to this at the moment.

Cheers

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $4
      Hero:
      $7.86

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:diamond: , K:club:
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.32) J:heart: , 8:club: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.15, BB raises to $0.45, Hero raises to $1.66, BB raises to $3.85 (All-In), Hero calls $2.19.

Turn: ($8.02) 5:spade:
      River: ($8.02) 2:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.02

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Kd Kc)
      BB shows three-of-a-kind, jacks (Jd Jc)

BB wins with three-of-a-kind, jacks (Jd Jc)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello puccini1,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: On those raise for value so 4xBB.
      Postflop: No need to make such a CB which might even induce him to raise you with some Jx hands. So you kind of put yourself into such a spot. Without it most likely I'd rather be Bet/Folding the flop without much of information but with your play I'd just go broke with the induce-bet.

Best Regards.
    • puccini1
      puccini1
      Bronze
      Thanks for the quick response.

Would it be too much of a generalisation to say that at this lower level you really need to hold two pair or more to call an all in? The reason for asking this is i came to NL shorthand from FL shorthand and i've been surprised at how tight the players are. Don't get me wrong. It's been pretty good as i have an aggressive style particularly in the steal positions. From what i've seen there is very little bluffing and big raises usually mean big hands and All Ins seem to be absolute monsters. I can't think of one table ive played on that has more than one other Aggressive player. My stats aren't maniac by any means (29/19.5/2.5) but it seems like i'm a bit of an anomoly at this level NL5.

I'm looking for some general guidlines in these early days which i appreciate may be difficult to give.

I play on Stars BTW.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      The main reason of to continue here is your weak sizing which could even induce him to raise with Jx hands cause sees weakness in your sizing and maybe wants to protect. He is also kind of loose according the stats so I wouldn't be surprised if he even goes for value. To avoid such things as raises then rather make a normal bet and afterwards we can decide on the opponent and his sizing.

On very dry boards vs more reasonable & passive opponents we might even prefer Bet/Folding over Calling but to give you a correct answer what to do in specific spots it's hard cause it's always dependent in many factors.