Move Poker Sites for HU Sng?

• PhatMaori
      PhatMaori
      Bronze
      I've just started playing HU Turbo SnG on 888. I wouldn't mind staying there but I'm paying 7.4% rake at the $2.70 BI.

Compared to Ipoker $2+0.10 (4.8) Turbo and Stars $3.32+$0.18 (5.1) Turbo.

My stars acc isn't tracked with PS and I have a tracked Poker770 account that I use the free $7 on. Would it be worth moving platforms for the 2ish% decrease in rake? And if so what would you guys recommend?

Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Gold
      Paying less rake means that you will increase you ROI %.

From what I heard, stars has the toughest field of players therefore it might not be worth the trouble.

I-poker on the other hand has a player pool from gambling sites such as william hill etc and might provide easier opposition. I think the rakeback system is much better in i-poker plus being linked to pokerstrategy will earn you much more money.

So moving to i-poker may not be a bad idea! It's best if you get replies from i-poker player as well though.

Cheers
    • PhatMaori
      PhatMaori
      Bronze
      Thanks maritsula!

That might be an idea. I can move to any i-poker site since I don't have an account on any except 770 which is tracked. Anyone know which sites have good HUsng traffic?
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      I would recommend Stars not iPoker. I am also mainly a HU SnG player.

What the above person said is true, but its not a good thing. You get more crazy gambler types HU on iPoker which may sound like a good thing, but I'd take a knowledgeable but poor player any day of the week.

I personally find it better for the winrate to face people who know how to play but just aren't that good and therefore predictable, easy to adapt to and beat, rather than someone who will play insane and unpredictable poker heads up. The second type, especially in turbos can easily get lucky and because they're always creating big crazy pots, it'll sometimes go their way not yours.

Also the average wait for an opponent in low limits is like 1s on stars as opposed to 45s on poker770.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      tbh when you're playing $2 games the skill level won't change much from site to site. it only really starts to change at $100s+ imo
    • PhatMaori
      PhatMaori
      Bronze
      Yea 770s traffic is so shit but I don't know if that's made up with the bad players. Maybe I'll have to move to Stars and just not be tracked