This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

KQ Bluff - Bad play

• HennieP
      HennieP
      Bronze
      Hi there. I just finished a $2 MTT Tournament in 9th position. Not a big payout ($15) but I'm happy with my achievement. I think I played my last hand bad though and would like some opinions. I'll just post a short description if you don't mind because I haven't figured out how to convert FullTilt hands yet.

I was UTG+1 with a stack of about 32K. Blinds was 1K/2K. Now UTG was pot stealing with any 2 cards very often. He would raise with absolute garbage in almost every hand. I was waiting for a good hand to challenge him and when I got KQo I figured I'm gonna push back. He had about 56K chips. So he raise to 6K and I reraise to 12K. I was going all in here coz I figured he had nothing. Then the CO just flat calls. This was not part of the plan but what could I do. So UTG calls after a moment and we see the flop. Flop was 348. So I look at it and figure I have to push here if I have any chance of taking the pot. So I push all in. CO calls and show 77. UTG calls and show 34! I made the right read preflop but the skunk got lucky. Turn was a K and river another 4. :(

In hindsight I realise I made this move way out of position. I think after 4 hours I just got tired of bullies. Lol
  • 2 replies
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      if you are goin to steal reraise then you should push all in straight away, but utg+1 isn't really a good position to do this, utg probably just called to try and bluff on the flop and got lucky. also you shouldn't really bluff a pot with 3 people in it, especially out of position. gj on ur final table finish though :)
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      actually, anything other than folding KQo is (very) wrong here.

the chances that someone behind you in fullring wakes up with a monster (in this case hands that have you crushed: AQ+, QQ+) is simply too high, so i fold and wait for a better (or less bad) spot than this.

minraising him is of course the worst though :P . just save yourself from getting into these horrible spots by not making these moves :P .