Hmm

• 22 replies
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      I'm not an expert on any of this type of stuff :P but logically I'm thinking that you should of course not quit because you were making money before you went on massive tilt and that you should definitely read a psychology poker book like the mental game of poker
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      How about this, just reload 20 dollars - max 100. If you blow through that also, and get enraged and don't follow br again. quit.

see if you have learned your lesson.
    • edturmoil
      edturmoil
      Bronze
      kk
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      well, this is pokerstrategy. of course we're going to say that it's legit :f_biggrin:

in all seriousness though, i'm freerolling my way through poker through money given by this site. you can check it out via the upper link in my signature :f_biggrin:
      however the $50 is not available on stars afaik
    • conquistadorrr
      conquistadorrr
      Bronze
      I honestly think you should keep going to the school. If you are going to invest so much time and energy into something, do it for any other thing but a game. If you wanted to play recreational poker, I'd say go for it. But to me your dreams seem improbable, which in poker terms usually means -EV. No one created a fortune without a lot (and I mean A LOT) of work put into. And if you're gonna trust me on anything I've said - trust me on this one - greed doesn't help. Greed is like going on tilt. You become too aggressive, doing something you don't know. Get rid of greed. And then do whatever rocks your boat.
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze
      Dont give up mate. You were winning before, you can definately continue winning in the future. However dont expect to be winning big money from the start. To achieve such a thing will take much time, maybe years, maybe never. It depends on you.

Work hard, study and improve your game and good results will come in. However you should learn from your mistakes and never go on GO MAD mode!

"Poker is a hard way to make an easy living"

Cheers
    • edturmoil
      edturmoil
      Bronze
      kk
    • edturmoil
      edturmoil
      Bronze
      kk
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Originally posted by conquistadorrr
      I honestly think you should keep going to the school. If you are going to invest so much time and energy into something, do it for any other thing but a game. If you wanted to play recreational poker, I'd say go for it. But to me your dreams seem improbable, which in poker terms usually means -EV. No one created a fortune without a lot (and I mean A LOT) of work put into. And if you're gonna trust me on anything I've said - trust me on this one - greed doesn't help. Greed is like going on tilt. You become too aggressive, doing something you don't know. Get rid of greed. And then do whatever rocks your boat.
      I agree - greed, but it's also a physical conditioning linked to the production of neurotransmitters.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/17051

I think. Wow, I have >$1000 in my BR, I could double it by playing $5/$10 with one good hand. Of course I'm being ignorant about the variance of poker, and the real long term expectation of busto.

My short term expectation is much more rewarding to me than any long term grind. It's like smoking.. sure there are lots of ways to get dopamine, but why go through all that effort when I can just get it now and deal with the possible negative risk later.
    • edturmoil
      edturmoil
      Bronze
      kk
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by edturmoil
      I don't know perhaps it is , i just thought i could get there somehow, like you here of ilsidur1 turning 2k into 5m it's just insane and the guy is crazy like i dunno how he did it... ://
      He also turned 4million into 2k in a few hours.
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Bronze

:f_cool: :f_cool: :f_cool:
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze

So you mean he withdrew his roll and lived happily ever after ?? :coolface:
    • edturmoil
      edturmoil
      Bronze
      kk
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      Get a job and play poker. Definitely either get a job or an education. People are forgetting that variance works both ways. If you weren't using good BRM then building your roll and losing it all again doesn't mean you will be certain to build it again and this time avoid the losing part. Get the free $50 from here on 888 poker, it's the most fishy and profitable, work on building that. Until you're making enough to live on get a job or continue your education.
    • gh0stOfpok3r
      gh0stOfpok3r
      Bronze
      NEVER GIVE UP
    • conquistadorrr
      conquistadorrr
      Bronze
      Start a blog here! It's gonna be interesting to see how you're doing, plus if you start doing something crazy and wrong - people won't be able to slap you a couple of times, but they will tell you! And hopefully you'll do good! :f_cool:

P.S. don't neglect the school in September!
    • edturmoil
      edturmoil
      Bronze
      kk
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      Hey edturnmoil.

Don't worry about losing that money, sure it was a lot of cash and sure you could have handled it better but what good does it do to think like that now? It's lost and long gone now you have to do something about it :)

A lot of poker players, even the best ones in the world have had moments in their career where they have lost everything and had to start again so pick yourself up and try again i say.

You must have something going on to turn $20 into $1200+ (unless you went on a really sicko heater).

The $50 starting capital is legit and a great place to start, i see you are bronze already does that mean you have taken the quiz and received it already?

If you are not interested in that you should take a look here at Our partner poker rooms and see if any of these rooms and the first deposit bonuses take your fancy and don't forget to use the PokerStrategy.com codes :)

Whichever route you take you will start earning Strategy Points which means you can rise through the ranks here and unlock lots more advanced content as you improve including articles, videos, free live coaching, hand evaluations.

Hope you stick around mate, let me know if i can help you out with anything,

Regards
      Carl