Internet poker is rigged

• Insanecash
      Insanecash
      Bronze
      Let me start off with saying that I went bankrupt today. Meaning I lost the 50$ given to me by this site.

Today was a special day for me, I realized that no matter how good you play you will get owned. I have only played poker online with real money for a week since I got the 50$ bonus. In the first 1 and a half hours of play I made 34$ and thought that my poker career was on its way. Then I made some bad decisions and went down to 20$ then back up to 94$ after correcting my tilted play and my bankroll management, then the shit hit the fan.

I got bad beats whereever I went. Today I joined a 20$ SNG (I know that I shouldn't have, but w/e). I have Q4, flop 4 4 7. Two raises after I go all in get called, with one guy calling with 4 6, practically drawing dead, turn 8 and river 5 ( after the hand one guy said he had pocket 5's, that means there were 2 5's left in the deck, go figure) The biggest and one of the worst beats I have ever taken.

The day continues during two hands I catch flushes on the flop, then on the turn a card with the same suit comes on, making the other guy a higher flush.

Another hand I catch a flush, get beaten by a fullhouse. Another hand I have two hearts, all the next five cards are hearts, after I put my money in the pot. Get beaten out by two guys also holding 2 hearts each, that's right between us three we only had hearts, that's 11 hearts, counted it, what the hell are the chances ( I had a Q high flush by the way)

There were also countless hands of two pair getting beaten by a straight and such garbage I will not even list.

Finally by bankrupt hand, I have AK the other guy has KQ, flop nothing, turn K, you guessed it, river Q. :D

I know that there's such a thing as selective memory, usually people only remember beats against them, but I have counted the bad beats I have put on people and I have had only 1 huge bad beat, when for a straight I hit a 4 outer on the river.

Please tell me how after getting smashed on every possible hand and especially my last one, how can I keep playing poker online? Please provide some advice, and support. By now I believe that online poker is just a bad joke. ;)

P.S. If anyone knows how I can get any other bonus money from this site or any other, please show me a way, because I know that I am a good player it's that luck has not been on my side.
  • 24 replies
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      online poker isn't rigged (although sometimes it seems that way)... bad beats happen, at every table there's going to be a few bad players who will call with $^!& cards and get lucky, thats why you should follow bank roll management, so u can afford to lose to bad beats sometimes and still have money to continue playing.

You cant expect to build a massive bankroll from $50 in a week, it takes time. Obviously if you're playing a $20 sng with no bankroll to back it up its gonna seem a lot worse, or even "rigged" when u lose than if you'd been playing a $1 one.... I know it seems like a quick and easy way to make your lost money back but when u lose its gone.

I'd suggest rereading the articles ESP br management, if you want to continue playing poker online then deposit some money or take part in the Tell a Friend thingy, no one on here can "advertise" another site for you to get more money off.
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      I played a few live sit n gos against a some buddies over the weekend. In one match within 20 hands 2 quads hit, a strait flush, 2 full houses, 2 sets and 3 reg straits (6 handed). It was unbelievable. Just goes to show crazzyness occurs in live games too. Bad beats occured regularily as well. :)
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      sir, would you like some

with that

@cardbender, of course... live poker is rigged too obviously!

@OP: read the articles, follow them. believe me, you are not a good player
    • gemgem69
      gemgem69
      Bronze
      defenetly rigged. know one ever makes money on them....
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi Insanecash,

You seem to have played way above your Bankroll which led to you going broke. I really suggest you re-read the articles as you most likely still have a lot to learn (e.g. unless you were in the BB it is questionable as how you can get involved in a big pot with Q4). In the short run you can run into some really bad luck, but in the longrun a good player will come out on top.

If you need more money, check my signature for our Tell a friend system and our current Summer Frenzy promotion.

Best regard,
      SoyCD
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Ofc online poker is rigged, but we still win money :-]
      So whatever?:)
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Snodreliss
      Ofc online poker is rigged, but we still win money :-]
      So whatever?:)
      online poker is rigged to deal a random card out of 52 in the deck to each player, then deal 5 random cards out of the remaining cards into the middle to serve as community cards.

do i get a medal for cracking the conspiracy?
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Originally posted by CardBender420
      I played a few live sit n gos against a some buddies over the weekend. In one match within 20 hands 2 quads hit, a strait flush, 2 full houses, 2 sets and 3 reg straits (6 handed). It was unbelievable. Just goes to show crazzyness occurs in live games too. Bad beats occured regularily as well. :)
      Rigged cards.
    • gemgem69
      gemgem69
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CardBender420
      try shuffling the deck lol.
    • luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      but is the hand randomly set before the hand or does the system randomly select each separate card for the hand :D
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Of course it's true! Here's the proof:

http://www.billrini.com/2004/11/30/proof-that-online-poker-is-rigged/

It even has photo evidence! :baby:
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      nice one

:heart:
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      ZOMG!!!1!11ONEONE

*runs off to buy some highly classified vector digital imaging software from the CIA for $50 on ebay*
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      You played $20 Sit and Go with $90??? Of course its gonna be rigged for you :P
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Poker Sites are rigged only when you don't stick to your BRM.
      This is really extreme hard and complicated mathematical function which looks for users who are playing underrolled.

I'd knew... I wrote it myself.
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      I rigged poker.
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      unrig it ASAP plz. what were you thinking anyway?! lol
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      me is act lyk fish, i mayt win big pot, sites love fishes.

Hope it works.. KEEP It rigged!
    • AlenJ
      AlenJ
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luxdelux
      but is the hand randomly set before the hand or does the system randomly select each separate card for the hand :D
      I read an article about the shuffle algorithm at PokerStars.
      It goes smth. like this:

1°) shuffle 52 cards
      2°) take the card from the top and put it aside
      3°) shuffle the remaining 51 cards
      4°) take the card from the top and put it on the new deck
      5°) shuffle the remaining 50 cards
      6°) repeat step 4°
      7°) shuffle the remaining ...

and so on ...

I tried it out on my regular hometourney. We played two days, before getting to the next stage. :-)))