$2.4
      MP3:
      $6.15
      CO:
      $3.72
      BU:
      $5.28

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:heart: , K:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 4 folds, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.32) A:diamond: , Q:spade: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.15, Hero calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.62) 5:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.62) J:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35.

Final Pot: $1.32

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Kh Ks)
      BB shows two-pair, aces and fives (Ac 5d)

BB wins with two-pair, aces and fives (Ac 5d)

A bit noobish question I assume, but I just recently got into MSS so I'm full of questions.. :/

(?)When we have "underpair" should it be treated as a trash hand by MSS charts? So KK on any AXX flop is a trash?

(?)I called here because he was betting smallish (1/2 pot), but in vacuum should I fold this on the flop after his bet with no reads?

(?)And, is the river check/fold if I checked the turn and didn't improve on the river?

Thanks!
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by eXtremeACE
      (?)When we have "underpair" should it be treated as a trash hand by MSS charts? So KK on any AXX flop is a trash?
      The MSS articles are meant for pure beginners so in order to prevent them from making costly mistakes, we protect them by saying we should fold this. Throughout our development we start thinking this can't be right in all places.
      For example I wouldn't fold this Flop immediately

(?)I called here because he was betting smallish (1/2 pot), but in vacuum should I fold this on the flop after his bet with no reads?
      In a vacuum no, I mostly flat KK here. JJ is an underdog versus Qx as well so JJ and lower I would consider folding

(?)And, is the river check/fold if I checked the turn and didn't improve on the river?
      This is a strange question because you only improve 10% of the time from Flop to River. I wouldn't fold the first team to acquire my read + he bets 50% again so you get pretty good odds to bluffcatch a Qx, busted flushdraw :)

- Gerv