[NL2-NL10] A8s NL10 SH - spew

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Flop: Just fold it vs such a passive player until I know more about what he DB's with?

with villain limp/calling pre I assumed that he could only continue with TP+ and I would fold out anything less

Turn: I figure I probably have the best hand now. I thought that villain would have a hard time continuing with any weaker pair here, so decided to check behind for bluff induce.

In hindsight since villain is so loose and passive I think I should still just bet for value here since most weaker pairs and draws will probably call.

River: As played since i decided to check behind for bluff induce on the turn and I get a good price I think I have to call.

However, I think he is rarely "value" betting a weaker hand OOP against me here. I think he would rather c/c with any hand worse than mine here.

888 Poker - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: $1.45
      BB: $14.23
      UTG: $8.05 43/8/3/3b 4/19/99
      MP: $13.27
      Hero (CO): $11.77
      BTN: $4.01

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 8:club: A:club:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.15, 2 players) K:club: 5:spade: 6:diamond:
      UTG bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.25, UTG calls $0.75

Turn: ($3.65, 2 players) A:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($3.65, 2 players) T:club:
      UTG bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00

UTG shows J:diamond: A:spade: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 68%, Flop 77%, Turn 86%)
      Hero mucks 8:club: A:club: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 32%, Flop 23%, Turn 14%)
      UTG wins $7.27
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

It's possible but I wouldn't min-raise on the flop. If you go for a raise then at least do it bigger which would also make him fold some weaker pairs. But otherwise not much to comment.

Best Regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      By not much to comment for the rest of the hand, do you mean that you don't mind my play vs such a LP player?

I really felt like I should have just bet the turn for value and for a free showdown since checking behind for bluff induce vs a LP player probably isn't a good idea as this type of player is rarely going to bluff us anyway?

Well i usually 2.5x for my bluff raises since I would assume I don't have to be consistent in bet sizing as players on NL10 are genereally not paying enough attention. In addition I thought that when I bluff it does not have to work as often in order to be profitable.

Going forward I will just 3x to exert more pressure. If my opponent is Tight and passive then would you mind a 2.5x size?

Thanks in advance :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I really felt like I should have just bet the turn for value and for a free showdown since checking behind for bluff induce vs a LP player probably isn't a good idea as this type of player is rarely going to bluff us anyway?

Well, both ways is possible. Check behind on the turn is usually the idea to let him bluff with some hands which he is floating. :)

Going forward I will just 3x to exert more pressure. If my opponent is Tight and passive then would you mind a 2.5x size?

Don't see any difference in either passive or not. Bigger fold equity with 3x, meanwhile if you make it small then such a loose guy could just float even with weaker PPs vs you.