This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH50 light 4bet facing 5bet from aggro player

• Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Gold
      Villain:

Squeeze 33%

CO is passive fish
      BU is weak nitty reg

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($61.69)
      Hero ($61.94)
      UTG ($124)
      UTG+1 ($50.75)
      CO ($64.55)
      BTN ($52.68)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: 7:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $1, BTN calls $1, SB raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $10.50, fold, fold, SB raises to $22, fold

SB wins $23

I really wanted to shove here, not sure how good or bad it is though? Worst case scenario is I'm against AA or AJ+ which is unlikely given my blocker. I don't know if his bet sizing means anything as plenty of people raise their big pairs small again here.

Am I just getting in to a spot here when jamming that isn't going to be that profitable in the long run? How much fold equity do I need?

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I think his sqz is a bit stronger because the openraiser is a fish who doesn't fold a lot prolly... So that's why I'd let this hand go.

We can't do anything vs his 5bet. It's nuts.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Millsyuk,

33% squeeze is just for 84 hands so I can't really see how you can even consider going broke here (or go for fold equity). :)

Your 4bet sizing could be also a bit smaller ~2,5x should be enough and plan would be to 4bet/Fold.

Best Regards.