problem in HEM2

    • sim5sim5
      sim5sim5
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2011 Posts: 655
      hey please some1 help me with my HEM2

      today when i open my hem2 everything is working ok except when i go to

      opponents > summaries

      i am getting msg "HEM2 stop working" & its getting crashed

      why ?

      please help

      thanks
  • 14 replies
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Joined: 11.03.2006 Posts: 36,820
      Which HM2 Build?

      If its still happening with 6856 i think its the best if you send us the logfile as explained in this FAQ: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1571/Help+with+Crashing+issues%3F
    • sim5sim5
      sim5sim5
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2011 Posts: 655
      Thanks netsrak for reply

      i have just send my log text file & hope things will be solved soon
    • sim5sim5
      sim5sim5
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2011 Posts: 655
      just now i updated my hem2 with 6866 & yesterday i got mail from support team to send log file which i did

      but problem still there

      should we avoid to update if things r working fine & how much time they take to solve the problem ?
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Joined: 11.03.2006 Posts: 36,820
      I can't say from here when the bug will be fixed.
      As i have seen at least one more user with this i hope we can fix it pretty fast.

      I have one try to solve it: If you are using a non-english windows system can you please try the following:

      - close HM2
      - change your windows date/time settings in the windows regional settings to english (USA)
      - reboot your computer and try again.
      - if this works change the regional settings back to your original value and try again.
    • sim5sim5
      sim5sim5
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2011 Posts: 655
      Thanks netsrak

      i got mail from support team , they asked my cong. file & log file along with event viewer error msg which i have send

      hope this time i will get a fast reply & prob will be solved
    • sim5sim5
      sim5sim5
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2011 Posts: 655
      Default

      i have got mail from the support :

      Hi, my name is Chris.

      Please make sure you are installing on an administrator account and running as an administrator. Please turn off UAC.

      You'll need to add holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncapps.exe, postgres and pg_ctl to the exceptions list in your firewall and antivirus. Make sure that windows is fully updated. Keep checking for updates until it says twice five minutes apart that there are no more updates available.
      You need to make sure that this folder 7/Vista: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\ Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: How to show hidden files in Windows 7

      XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: Microsoft Corporation is not read only and that all permissions are set to full for your user name. The folder will continue showing read only after that, this is an issue in Windows.

      Have you made any changes to your computer lately? Did you turn off any windows services lately? Make sure it is set to run as administrator. What OS are you running?

      Thank you,


      > i have my UAC off & running as admin in windows 7 so there is no problem

      what i am not able to do is how to make folder not to read only

      whenever i am trying to do it , it again appear as read only

      if we make it not read only will the problem be solved ? ? ?

      please help
    • imbahness
      imbahness
      Platinum
      Joined: 07.09.2009 Posts: 122
      Originally posted by sim5sim5
      Default

      i have got mail from the support :

      Hi, my name is Chris.

      Please make sure you are installing on an administrator account and running as an administrator. Please turn off UAC.

      You'll need to add holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncapps.exe, postgres and pg_ctl to the exceptions list in your firewall and antivirus. Make sure that windows is fully updated. Keep checking for updates until it says twice five minutes apart that there are no more updates available.
      You need to make sure that this folder 7/Vista: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\ Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: How to show hidden files in Windows 7

      XP: C:\Documents and Settings\User_name\Application Data\HoldemManager Showing hidden files and sytem files and folders: Microsoft Corporation is not read only and that all permissions are set to full for your user name. The folder will continue showing read only after that, this is an issue in Windows.

      Have you made any changes to your computer lately? Did you turn off any windows services lately? Make sure it is set to run as administrator. What OS are you running?

      Thank you,


      > i have my UAC off & running as admin in windows 7 so there is no problem

      what i am not able to do is how to make folder not to read only

      whenever i am trying to do it , it again appear as read only

      if we make it not read only will the problem be solved ? ? ?

      please help
      you shouldn't use hem2 yet , w8 till it gets out from alpha stage
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Joined: 11.03.2006 Posts: 36,820
      what do you mean with read-only folder?

      What Chris mentioned is that the folders are hidden and you need to change the windows folder options to see this folders but they should not be read only.
    • sim5sim5
      sim5sim5
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2011 Posts: 655
      Originally posted by imbahness

      you shouldn't use hem2 yet , w8 till it gets out from alpha stage

      whats that ?
    • sim5sim5
      sim5sim5
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2011 Posts: 655
      Originally posted by netsrak
      what do you mean with read-only folder?

      What Chris mentioned is that the folders are hidden and you need to change the windows folder options to see this folders but they should not be read only.

      thats what i am saying my holdem manger folder is marked read only & when i am trying to unmark it, it again comes up as read only

      please can u tell how to uncked read only ?
    • sim5sim5
      sim5sim5
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2011 Posts: 655
      Sad to see holdem support team is not active, they must come out with solution fast

      why no1 from holdem is making a post & telling what they r doing about this ?

      this problem is already put forward to them but of no use so far

      http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/243831-hem2-problem-opponent-summaries-2.html
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Joined: 11.03.2006 Posts: 36,820
      We are working on a fix for this.

      The readonly permission should not be a problem. I guess its just a sign that you have no administrator rights for this system folder.

      Can you please try to change the date/time format in the windows regional settings to English(USA) and try again?
      If that works please switch back to your default setting.
    • sim5sim5
      sim5sim5
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.10.2011 Posts: 655
      Originally posted by netsrak
      We are working on a fix for this.

      The readonly permission should not be a problem. I guess its just a sign that you have no administrator rights for this system folder.

      Can you please try to change the date/time format in the windows regional settings to English(USA) and try again?
      If that works please switch back to your default setting.
      i tried but still its not working :(

      can u pl tell how long it will take ?
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      Joined: 11.03.2006 Posts: 36,820
      Sorry, i have no ETA, we are still working on it