This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 AK vs drawish board

• AtonalMonk
      AtonalMonk
      Bronze
      Not really sure what i should have done. All i know is i was out $6 at the end of the hand X(

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.43 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , K:heart:
      7 folds, BU calls $0.20, Hero raises to $1.10, BB folds, BU calls $0.90.

Flop: ($2.40) 5:club: , 8:spade: , 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BU calls $2.00.

Turn: ($6.40) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.00, Hero calls $3.00.

River: ($12.40) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $5.20, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $17.60
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Imo board is too drawy to contibet on the flop.
      But if I would contibet then I would make it pot- then I have some fold equity.
      Never c/c with A high on the turn.
      If you think that player is betting to take down the pot, then c/rai, but on that board you´re get called too often.
      I think best is just c/f- you can´t win all the pots and calling down A high can´t be profitable
    • AtonalMonk
      AtonalMonk
      Bronze
      Makes sense. I put him on a flush draw, bluffing after my check. But in that case i should have c/r. Thanks
    • mintogo
      mintogo
      Bronze
      Is a turn fold also good?

The 9 completes the straight or gives a straight draw top pair so only possibility left you can win is when he has a flushdraw in all other cases u lose.

67s
      78s
      don't think he has top pair here he would raise to find out where he's at
    • AtonalMonk
      AtonalMonk
      Bronze
      Well, c/f turn is what Kaitz20 suggested and what you said makes a lot of sense. However, it seemed to me that the turn didn't help him based on the size of the bet, which is why i read flush draw.
    • gAAss
      gAAss
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AtonalMonk
      However, it seemed to me that the turn didn't help him based on the size of the bet, which is why i read flush draw.
      I don't agree: with a flush draw, on the turn, either I check or I bet two thirds of the pot. I don't want to get called, given that I have just a few outs on the river.

Check-fold is the best option here