Recreational (Loosing) player TRYING to improve...

• Boowat
      Boowat
      Bronze
      Hey All
      My name is Mark, im 23 & Live in sunny 'ol England.
      I've been socially playing poker for about two years now and before now i havent really cared to much about how i was playing or anything like that. Its only a recent thing that i have had the urge to try and play properly. I have been reading up on things such as position & bet sizing. But i am still a complete n00b at the game. I took the test and passed :D So hopefully i will be here posting and reading other peoples thoughts on stuff in the further!

Boowat
  • 5 replies
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      Groovy, I was once a poker noob like you .............. cough

O you want to know the rest of the story. There is no more :( I am still a poker noob .............. :f_frown:
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Mark!

Welcome to the community!!

First of all well done on passing the quiz!

Where does the sudden urge come from? Well I'm happy for you that the urge came somehow because it's always nicer to win then to loose...

We have plenty of material to help you to improve your game and turn you into a winning player (lets hope).

check out our:
      Articles
      Video's
      Live coachings

But there's many more things that can help you like the hand evaluations forums or the No Limit Beginners course!

I don't know what your playing (NLHE or SnG's or MTT's or PLO or whatever... :D ) But if you are playing No Limit Holdem then I suggest you start with the No Limit Beginners Course (link above and in my signature as well)!! I think it's the best way to start your learning path! It will give you a solid foundation to build your knowledge upon! I finished the course and it helped me a lot, it was a huge boost in my poker career!

btw: did you pass the quiz on your first attempt? did you find the quiz hard or rather easy?

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • pswyatt
      pswyatt
      Bronze
      Hey Boowat,

Welcome to our community, great to have you with us! :)

Where did you decide to play with your $50 starting capital?

Enjoy the sun, I hear there is a bit of good weather on the way! ;)

Best of luck!
      Darren
    • Boowat
      Boowat
      Bronze
      Hey guys!
      I did pass first time and i found it easyish but defo made me think!
      I choose to play at Everest Poker. Its okay, pretty basic.
      I'm playing NL atm and will for sure look at that course! anything to try and improve my game is going to be a plus!!!!
    • conquistadorrr
      conquistadorrr
      Bronze
      I just want to say welcome and wish you good luck and a lot of fun on your journey!

Poker Strategy is the best place to be while you do that, there are so many people who will help you on your way up!