This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR AJs

• eXtremeACE
      eXtremeACE
      Bronze
      Known players:
      SB:
      $7.58
      BB:
      $5.55
      Hero:
      $2
      MP1:
      $5
      MP2:
      $8.8
      MP3:
      $2
      CO:
      $3.77
      BU:
      $1.46

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:diamond: , J:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.15, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.15, MP3 calls $0.15, 2 folds, SB calls $0.13, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.65) A:spade: , 7:club: , 2:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.46, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.46, SB folds.

Turn: ($1.57) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.39 (All-In), MP3 calls $1.39 (All-In).

River: ($4.35) 4:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ad Jd)
      MP3 shows a pair of aces (Ac Qs)

MP3 wins with a pair of aces (Ac Qs)

(?)Just a tiny question here, Gerv (I assume you're the only one who's doing hand evaluation at MSS?), on the turn like this where I want to bet 3/4 pot and it's more than 1/2 of my stack, it's good to just go all-in straight away, correct?

(?)But what about times where I'm (like) sure I'm ahead of his range, and have a monster hand, is it better then to still bet only 3/4 of the pot (even if it's more than 1/2 of my stack) in order to keep him in? Ofcourse not the situation here as I only had a top pair with good kicker, just asking when I make trips and higher.

All the best!
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by eXtremeACE
      (?)Just a tiny question here, Gerv (I assume you're the only one who's doing hand evaluation at MSS?), on the turn like this where I want to bet 3/4 pot and it's more than 1/2 of my stack, it's good to just go all-in straight away, correct?
      Your stack is below potsized so shoving is the only play we can make on the Turn otherwise we give away the odds to our opponents ;)

(?)But what about times where I'm (like) sure I'm ahead of his range, and have a monster hand, is it better then to still bet only 3/4 of the pot (even if it's more than 1/2 of my stack) in order to keep him in? Ofcourse not the situation here as I only had a top pair with good kicker, just asking when I make trips and higher.
      As pointed out earlier, we do not want to give away the odds to our opponent s since the flushdraw is here. I think if the board did not contained a flushdraw, you can do this with the ubernutty hands like AA because you block a lot of toppairs

- Gerv