$1.73
      Hero:
      $1.86
      CO:
      $5
      BU:
      $2.44

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , J:club:
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, SB calls $0.18, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.65) A:diamond: , 9:heart: , 7:heart: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.25, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.25.

Turn: ($1.15) 2:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.5, SB calls $0.50.

River: ($2.15) 4:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2.15

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ac Jc)
      SB shows (Kh Jh)

Hero wins with a pair of aces (Ac Jc)

Hmm, so the SB is a player with 58/0/1.1/24 (vpip/pfr/af/hands).
      On the flop he donks, and chart says to Bet/Fold (so folding would be "correct") but how should I react to this given the stats.. Obviously the 58 vpip can't be good, and means he can have here any AX ace.. Still those 1.1 af means he doesn't bets(donks) all that much.. (sub question here: what's good hands size good for getting somewhat correct AF, I guess 24 won't do the trick).

(?)So, the call on the flop is good I assume, especially since it's on the lowish side.. Had he bet 3/4 pot I don't know if I would have called it..

(?)On the turn after his check I take up the initiative and go for bet.. After all maybe he just donked to see if I would fold.. * Had he continued with aggression on the turn, and bet.. What should my approach be? Forget his VPIP and fold to a bet because after all I only have a TPGK hand? Or call if bet is under 1/2 of the pot and re-evaluate on the river?

(?)On the river, I looked at it all and I said to myself "pot control" :D And decided not to inflate pot any more because I really don't know where I'm standing vs so loose villain.. Was this bad? Should I try to extract more value with top pair, after all even chart says to bet..

Gerv, I'm really sorry if I'm asking way too much questions and keep making your job a more tedious than it has to be.. It's just I really want to learn as much as possible, and analyze what/if and why rather than just "do this" and just specific actions that took place.. :/

All the best!
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by eXtremeACE
      (?)So, the call on the flop is good I assume, especially since it's on the lowish side.. Had he bet 3/4 pot I don't know if I would have called it..
      Since SB is a fishy player , playing way too many hands, you must raise this small bet because you have to get value from worse Ax & flushdraws. If he bets bigger, we still raise because we are still far ahead against his range

(?)On the turn after his check I take up the initiative and go for bet.. After all maybe he just donked to see if I would fold.. * Had he continued with aggression on the turn, and bet.. What should my approach be? Forget his VPIP and fold to a bet because after all I only have a TPGK hand? Or call if bet is under 1/2 of the pot and re-evaluate on the river?
      We mostly do not get to the Turn by calling the Flop but if he bets again on this 2, I shove :) If he checks, we bet like you did but I bet $0.95 but since we have $1.45 left, shoving is not a big mistake as well

(?)On the river, I looked at it all and I said to myself "pot control" :D And decided not to inflate pot any more because I really don't know where I'm standing vs so loose villain.. Was this bad? Should I try to extract more value with top pair, after all even chart says to bet..
      With MSS, we do not play Pot control. Why would we want to play pot control?:

Board: A:diamond: 9:heart: 7:heart:  2:spade:  4:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    28.89%  28.89%   0.00% { ATs, A7s-A2s, ATo, A7o-A3o }
      MP3    71.11%  71.11%   0.00% { AcJc }

We are far ahead versus his Ax range so we should bet it here

- Gerv