$2.15
      MP3:
      $3.57
      CO:
      $1.93
      BU:
      $4.65

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:spade: , K:club:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.20, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.25) A:heart: , 7:heart: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.35 (All-In), MP1 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $1.25

Preflop is clear, trying to get All-In if I can, so no discussion there..

Postflop - I really don't like folding KK on Axx flop that easily, so I wanted to bet(donk) here. Next, as the board is very drawy, I went for 3/4 of the pot size, and since it's more than 1/2 of my stack I went all-in..

(?)So the play may look funny, and terrible - just going all-in with KK, first in, on drawy and Axx board, but was this really all that bad play? Should I have checked, and re-evaluate based on what he did since I'm OOP? But then again, I'm the aggressor, I 3-bet him preflop, and checking seems weak to me in this spot..

(?)I really need some help when playing KK on Axx, and QQ on Kxx.. Are there any tips you can give me Gerv, or how should I approach them?

All the best!
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey

Since you are out of position + your stack is $1.35 and the pot $1.25 when you 3bet like this, I prefer to raise bigger preflop. This way you can shove under potsized and risk a bit less to win the pot

Generally it is not a mistake to shove here because if you check, the whole world knows you dont have an Ace. You shove AK because you want to get called by worse Ax & flushdraws (or 98). Same goes for having AA here

So since your stack equals the pot, the best play is to just shove unless you know your opponent will just bet with anything when you check to him. then check/call is the superior play

Mind you that QQ on a Kxx board is totally different than KK on Axx because of the way people rate Ax hands more

- Gerv