[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR TTo - set on a monotone board

• eXtremeACE
      Known players:

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T:spade: , T:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 4 folds, SB calls $0.13, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.35) T:club: , 5:club: , 3:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.25, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.35

This one caught my eye as well.. On the first glance we've made a set so yeah good for us, it's a monster, go bet/bet/all-in...
      (?)But seriously, how does that flushdraw affect us? If we were to face an aggression can we assume 8 of out of 10 times that he has hit a flush?

(?)Also how does situation differ if we get called on the flop, and turn is another club - our hand obviously can't be treated as a monster any more or can it? :/

Of course if there were only 2 clubs on the flop, we can bet big and give our opponent awful odds to call and try to hit his flush, I'm just asking if it's a monotone board like this one..

All the best
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv

We bet for value on the Flop in case he has a flushdraw, if we get raised we should mostly perceive he has a flush or 55/33 so mostly I play according to odds/outs from there. But I think you do not get check/raised often on these flops (from experience)

Your 2nd question is spot on in terms of relative handstrength, the 4th is kinda crappy so we should mostly check back the Turn then and refrain from betting

Best regards,