This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] TT bluff catcher

• Supremace
      Supremace
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.08/$0.16 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $11.93
      MP3:
      $22.66
      CO:
      $44.53
      BU:
      $15.23
      SB (Hero):
      $24.96
      BB:
      $10.99

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, T.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.48, CO calls $0.48, BU calls $0.48, Hero calls $0.40, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.08) 5, 5, 4 (4 players)
      Hero bets $1.23, MP3 folds, CO folds, BU calls $1.23.

Turn: ($4.54) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.08, BU calls $2.08.

River: ($8.7) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $11.44(All-In), Hero calls $11.44.

Final Pot: $31.58.

button is a passive station with a high bet river stat around 69
      the other players in the pot are regs

My line of thought here is

PF: I didn't 3 bet since I had a very high 3 bet stat on that table and regs were starting to 4 bet and call my 3 bets so i didn't wanna play 3 bet pot with TT OOP.

F: I donk bet to extract value from 66 , 77, 88, and 99. and all the FDs and SDs. If I face aggression from regs i will call a raise on the flop and reevaluate on the turn. If a fish raises me i will reraise him all in since there are so many draws and a few overpairs I beat.

T: when fish calls on the flop his range is usually all overpairs up to 99, FDs, SDs, 5x and 4x so I think a 2nd barrel is a standard play here and his calling range is the same as on the flop.

R: A 2nd ace hits on the river so I don't think I can extract any more value here by betting so I check it down looking for a bluff induce./When he shoves i really much doubt its ever gonna be 5x or 4x so unless he had a FD with an ace he is pretty much bluffing with all his missed draws given his high river bet stat.

Still wondering if it was + EV to call a shove.
  • 2 replies
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Preflop good
      Flop lead $1.5
      Turn sucks a bit, especialy for him too, I bet halfpot
      River I think I blockbet vs that fish, $3. As played it's tough...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Supremace,

Flop: Could easily Bet it bigger here ~$1,50.
      Turn: Also I'd Bet it bigger ~$2,50.
      River: Rather Bet yourself and get value from some PPs, max 1/2 pot size but I'd go for something like $3. We can't really Check/Call here in this spot cause I doubt that the guy is bluffing often enough. Any Kx hands or something similar would just Check behind.

Best Regards.