[NL20-NL50] TT bluff catcher

• Supremace
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.08/$0.16 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, T.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.48, CO calls $0.48, BU calls $0.48, Hero calls $0.40, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.08) 5, 5, 4 (4 players)
      Hero bets $1.23, MP3 folds, CO folds, BU calls $1.23.

Turn: ($4.54) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.08, BU calls $2.08.

River: ($8.7) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $11.44(All-In), Hero calls $11.44.

Final Pot: $31.58.

button is a passive station with a high bet river stat around 69
      the other players in the pot are regs

My line of thought here is

PF: I didn't 3 bet since I had a very high 3 bet stat on that table and regs were starting to 4 bet and call my 3 bets so i didn't wanna play 3 bet pot with TT OOP.

F: I donk bet to extract value from 66 , 77, 88, and 99. and all the FDs and SDs. If I face aggression from regs i will call a raise on the flop and reevaluate on the turn. If a fish raises me i will reraise him all in since there are so many draws and a few overpairs I beat.

T: when fish calls on the flop his range is usually all overpairs up to 99, FDs, SDs, 5x and 4x so I think a 2nd barrel is a standard play here and his calling range is the same as on the flop.

R: A 2nd ace hits on the river so I don't think I can extract any more value here by betting so I check it down looking for a bluff induce./When he shoves i really much doubt its ever gonna be 5x or 4x so unless he had a FD with an ace he is pretty much bluffing with all his missed draws given his high river bet stat.

Still wondering if it was + EV to call a shove.
  • 2 replies
    • Farmarchist
      Preflop good
      Flop lead $1.5
      Turn sucks a bit, especialy for him too, I bet halfpot
      River I think I blockbet vs that fish, $3. As played it's tough...
    • veriz
      Hello Supremace,

Flop: Could easily Bet it bigger here ~$1,50.
      Turn: Also I'd Bet it bigger ~$2,50.
      River: Rather Bet yourself and get value from some PPs, max 1/2 pot size but I'd go for something like $3. We can't really Check/Call here in this spot cause I doubt that the guy is bluffing often enough. Any Kx hands or something similar would just Check behind.

Best Regards.