This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

• stompy91
      stompy91
      Silver
      Hi guys, my names Calum and im from scotland (very sunny today for one haha)
      Been doing well the last few weeks, got my free $50 up to around $400 now after winning a daily dollar tournament and playing some cash games.
      Any tips for a new member? Thanks
  • 6 replies
    • MMPokerNab
      MMPokerNab
      Bronze
      Whoa, grats on winning the daily dollar! That's around $300 if I'm not mistaken. I hope to do that someday (soon, hopefully) too. :f_biggrin:

Keep doing a good job increasing your BR, I guess. :f_grin:
      And work on your gamei.

gl gl
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Silver
      thanks man.
      yeah it was $247 i won. i was just aiming to get a cash instead of studying haha.
    • MarkQuick
      MarkQuick
      Bronze
      Hey stompy91,

Welcome to the forum!

Where in Scotland are you from?

Congratulations on your win and I note that you've already attained our Gold status, well played sir. As for poker tips I'd like to recommend our live coaching sessions:

Gold/Silver Coaching Sessions.

For guides to our latest Gold status content, simply click on the links below:

Gold Poker Videos.

Latest Poker Articles.

Take it easy and if you need anything drop us a quick post, or send us a Customer Service Ticket.

Cheers,

Mark
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      yo yo
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Silver
      Thanks! Ive been playing a lot of poker since i got the free starting capital.
      Im from a very warm glasgow haha.

Iv'e just lost some of my winnings today because i am playing at stakes that are too high. Down to around $340 although i dont feel like i am playing any worse. I know this is tilting me so i am looking for advice on what other people do to stop tilting?
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi stompy91!

First of all: Welcome to the English community!!

Well done on winning the daily $!! Must be very nice to get a boost like that for your BR!

If I tilt I just stop playing. I find it very easy to stop playing once I feel I'm tilting! *Not like most people*
      The best way to protect your roll from tilt is set up a stop-loss limit. This means that you have to stop playing after you loose xBI's. Most people use 3BI's.
      We also have an article about the stop-loss limits: Article stop-loss

I also advice you to read some more of our psychology articles! These days psychology is a huge thing in poker and it won't only help you with poker, but also during your everyday life.

If you have any further questions, don't be afraid to ask!

RasTweet