• stompy91
      Hi guys, my names Calum and im from scotland (very sunny today for one haha)
      Been doing well the last few weeks, got my free $50 up to around $400 now after winning a daily dollar tournament and playing some cash games.
      Any tips for a new member? Thanks
  • 6 replies
    • MMPokerNab
      Whoa, grats on winning the daily dollar! That's around $300 if I'm not mistaken. I hope to do that someday (soon, hopefully) too. :f_biggrin:

Keep doing a good job increasing your BR, I guess. :f_grin:
      And work on your gamei.

gl gl
    • stompy91
      thanks man.
      yeah it was $247 i won. i was just aiming to get a cash instead of studying haha.
    • MarkQuick
      Hey stompy91,

Welcome to the forum!

Where in Scotland are you from?

Congratulations on your win and I note that you've already attained our Gold status, well played sir. As for poker tips I'd like to recommend our live coaching sessions:

Gold/Silver Coaching Sessions.

For guides to our latest Gold status content, simply click on the links below:

Gold Poker Videos.

Latest Poker Articles.

Take it easy and if you need anything drop us a quick post, or send us a Customer Service Ticket.

• ArkhamAsylum
      yo yo
    • stompy91
      Thanks! Ive been playing a lot of poker since i got the free starting capital.
      Im from a very warm glasgow haha.

Iv'e just lost some of my winnings today because i am playing at stakes that are too high. Down to around $340 although i dont feel like i am playing any worse. I know this is tilting me so i am looking for advice on what other people do to stop tilting?
    • RasTweet
      Hi stompy91!

First of all: Welcome to the English community!!

Well done on winning the daily $!! Must be very nice to get a boost like that for your BR!

If I tilt I just stop playing. I find it very easy to stop playing once I feel I'm tilting! *Not like most people*
      The best way to protect your roll from tilt is set up a stop-loss limit. This means that you have to stop playing after you loose xBI's. Most people use 3BI's.
      We also have an article about the stop-loss limits: Article stop-loss

I also advice you to read some more of our psychology articles! These days psychology is a huge thing in poker and it won't only help you with poker, but also during your everyday life.

If you have any further questions, don't be afraid to ask!