Poker Stars $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -

MP: $50.00 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 15, 3B: 14, AF: 0.0, Hands: 39
      CO: $53.13 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 21, 3B: 6, AF: 4.7, Hands: 86
      Hero (BTN): $53.04 -
      SB: $59.01 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 21, 3B: 15, AF: 1.0, Hands: 28
      BB: $54.91 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 20, 3B: 5, AF: 3.4, Hands: 375
      UTG: $20.00 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 28, 3B: 12, AF: 7.0, Hands: 225

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with T :spade: J :spade:
      1 fold, MP raises to $1.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: ($6.00) 3 :diamond: 7 :heart: T :club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $4.00, SB calls $4, BB folds, MP folds

Turn: ($14.00) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($14.00) 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $18.00, Hero folds

I don't expect villain to x/c light in a 4way pot so I chose to give up right on the turn assuming villain has me beat very often.

In which case would you call the river bet? I think that a good reg should be capable of betting in this case as a bluff as my range looks extremely weak begging for a reason to fold, but this would mean that he x/c random air hands on the flop. Any other scenarios?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Preflop: Don't like your Call here most likely in first place. SB seems to have also even a bit higher 3bet while could squeeze here and at the same time you don't know MP at all.

As played
      Postflop: Vs rather unknown I wouldn't pick it any other lines either. Another option would be to Bet/Fold the turn for free showdown and maybe even value from worse PPs.

Best Regards.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Preflop: Don't like your Call here most likely in first place. SB seems to have also even a bit higher 3bet while could squeeze here and at the same time you don't know MP at all.

Is there any value in 3betting? I don't usually see reasons to 3bet SC's suited gappers preflop as I think we waste their potential vs guys that will play 4bet/fold.

Why 3bet then?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      Originally posted by veriz

Is there any value in 3betting? I don't usually see reasons to 3bet SC's suited gappers preflop as I think we waste their potential vs guys that will play 4bet/fold.

Why 3bet then?
      I mentioned after my evaluation that SB was kind of aggressive with 3bets so far so I would assume we can't really flat profitable here if he is also squeeze-happy. About his 4bet/Fold, did you have any reason on that? Or what made you think that for 40 hands you would almost always assume he is 4bet/Folding. By 3betting we finding out how he is adjusting to our game and how loose he is calling down.

Without any information it's going to be tough to show huge profits by cold calling without having an idea how the opponent plays even nor the opponents behind you being not very passive nor fishy.