Poker Flat for summer in Romania, Arad

• EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Here are some more details:

Rent should be around EUR150 per person max EUR200 for the best you can find, flats with >3 bedrooms being harder to find. I think 3 people would be ideal since that way expenses are cut speaking of which: Internet + cable would be about EUR10/month total, water + electric around EUR75/month total, this really depends on appliances but it will be cheaper than Western Europe for sure.

Overall, I'd say that means under EUR200/month for rent + all utilities without much hassle. Food is reasonably cheap but depends on what you eat and where. Meal in good restaurant would be around $15 afaik and you can get cheap menus in some places for as little as $5.

If you want to see prices for most products browse this and divide the bigger price by 3.4 to get it in USD. Prices are per kilo or per unit.

Time spent would be the summer (second half of June until mid or end of August, maybe part of September depending on everyone's plans). Afterwards, I would like to visit Asia so I don't have a plan for longer rent which might be a problem with most owners but not serious one since in summer most apartments are cleared by the students that study in Arad and we would just fill in while they are away.

Here are some examples of possible flats. I haven't called any since I first want to be sure of who and when is coming.

http://www.norc-imobiliare.ro/inchiriere-apartament-4-camere-arad/ae26t/idn

http://www.norc-imobiliare.ro/inchiriere-apartament-4-camere-arad/amwn7/idn

http://www.norc-imobiliare.ro/inchiriere-apartament-4-camere-arad/akem5/idn

There are more offers but without pictures so those I would have to go and see for myself.

About the city, you can find some things here and when it comes to nightlife, there are many good clubs but I'm not a huge fan so I have no personal opinion about them but for sure it's not dead. :f_biggrin:

Feel free to PM me your Skype for more info.
  • 9 replies
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      You are renting these... or? how many are there? ;s
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mccol001
      You are renting these... or? how many are there? ;s
      What do you mean?

Plan is to rent a flat depending how many people are in. The thread is to get people interested to contact me so we can set it up. :)

The links are just examples of flats with how they look and prices since such small price would be a very bad place in Western countries, while in Romania it's the nuts.
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      ahh misunderstood it :P dam if u said this in 2 months or so i'd be so up for something like this :P but grinding my br at nl25 now cant really cashout :(

but gl :D sounds like fun
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Where are you from? You could live decently at NL25 in Romania.

Plus, you would have the advantage of being surrounded by poker players.
    • z1pz0r
      z1pz0r
      Bronze
      I would really like to come for a week or two to experience Romania a bit (I guess you guys will have some couch or something) if it will be possible.
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze

I'm from England, yeh NL25 would be enough I could cover my costs easily, but don't have any money saved so if for whatever reason I went on a long downswing, I don't have any extra money to pay bills. :P Bit of a risk... :P
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze

I'm from England, yeh NL25 would be enough I could cover my costs easily, but don't have any money saved so if for whatever reason I went on a long downswing, I don't have any extra money to pay bills. :P Bit of a risk... :P
      OK then.. England is also a bit far, travel expenses are considerable. Definitely need a good cushion in case grinding doesn't go well. :)
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze

OK then.. England is also a bit far, travel expenses are considerable. Definitely need a good cushion in case grinding doesn't go well. :)
      Idd, ask me again in 2 months when i got a cushion and I'm defo up for it :P I'm like 75% sure I could do it now, but you know.... just in case :) can never trust poker lol
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey everyone,

If anyone else is interested contact me by the end of this weekend.

Who contacted me so far update me by the weekend on Skype. I'll start a channel for us and probably a google doc so we can post any important updates.

Cheers.