[NL2-NL10] cbet when not the agressor

• noz03
      noz03
      Bronze
      Just wanted to ask if this is an acceptable play? To cbet the flop when you were not the aggressor?

Never seen anything about it mentioned in any strategy guides but I felt it showed a lot of strength. Also wondering what you guys think he might have had? It worked this time but not sure if i should keep trying it.

888 Poker - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: $2.08
      MP+1: $0.40
      CO: $0.40
      Hero (BTN): $3.04
      SB: $4.54
      BB: $2.03
      UTG: $2.58
      UTG+1: $1.01

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02, CO posts DB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.05) Hero has 8:club: 8:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.15, 2 players) K:heart: 2:spade: T:spade:
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.15, fold

Hero wins $0.15
  • 2 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      pokertracker calls this a "flop float" :f_biggrin: you're in position and preflop raiser doesn't bet for some reason so you just fire.
      i think these situations happen pretty often so these are some stats that i keep on my hud - "float flop" and "fold to flop float"

some guys just always give up when they don't cbet, so you're justified to fire.
      should pick your opponents though
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Betting yourself is fine. Potsize bet would guarantee you the most fold equity and would often work to weak opponents, but if you´re potting every single hand, they would start c/r you and c/c you down. So I would rather keep my bet sizes smaller and bet there 0.1$ for value- if get called likely would give up and check down hand that has showdown value

best regards,