This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AJ 3bet OOP 11/05 <1>

• 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

From experience you get called superloosely here by Villain so I only do this with overpairs or hands that I am happy to get called lighter by

Since we have Ace high, I think I just bet/fold 50% pot and maybe contemplate shoving the Turn.

With limited information we cannot really assess whether bet/calling is good because we do not know his shoving range on the Flop. if it contains a lot of semibluffs then we have to bet/call etc.

- Gerv
    • allen82082
      allen82082
      Bronze
      So the flop we should check/fold?
      i remember you told to me preflop we can 3bet bigger and shove any flop.

you can see i post 3 post with 3bet OOP and flop hit nothing,maybe i not understand your mean critically.This situation really make me puzzle,Can you give me a advise more times?

And i have a request,i want post the same situation in one post,then you can check me the leak and just evaluated one times.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by allen82082
      So the flop we should check/fold?
      i remember you told to me preflop we can 3bet bigger and shove any flop.
      Well every situation is different, here your stacksizes are awkward and not near potsized. This changes a lot against fish because they tend to call a bit looser when you play it like this.

When the Pot is $3 and like your stack is $3.25, then shoving is fine but not ideal. Then preflop you should have made it bigger so the pot is $3.5 and your stack like $2.75

Now when the pot is $2 and your stack is $3.25, you see the gap is $1.25 so that is pretty big overbetshove. You rely on fold equity which you do not have against fishy players since they think this is a bluff often so they call with 4x or something stupid like that

hope it makes sense
      - Gerv
    • allen82082
      allen82082
      Bronze
      Oh,thanks a lot Gerv! :)
      But if we bet 1/2pot on the flop,turn 9 ,what can i do?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by allen82082
      Oh,thanks a lot Gerv! :)
      But if we bet 1/2pot on the flop,turn 9 ,what can i do?
      We check/fold, do you think he will fold the Turn a lot on this Turncard?