[NL2-NL10] NL10 AJ 3bet OOP 11/05 <1>

• 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

From experience you get called superloosely here by Villain so I only do this with overpairs or hands that I am happy to get called lighter by

Since we have Ace high, I think I just bet/fold 50% pot and maybe contemplate shoving the Turn.

With limited information we cannot really assess whether bet/calling is good because we do not know his shoving range on the Flop. if it contains a lot of semibluffs then we have to bet/call etc.

- Gerv
    • allen82082
      allen82082
      Bronze
      So the flop we should check/fold?
      i remember you told to me preflop we can 3bet bigger and shove any flop.

you can see i post 3 post with 3bet OOP and flop hit nothing,maybe i not understand your mean critically.This situation really make me puzzle,Can you give me a advise more times?

And i have a request,i want post the same situation in one post,then you can check me the leak and just evaluated one times.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by allen82082
      So the flop we should check/fold?
      i remember you told to me preflop we can 3bet bigger and shove any flop.
      Well every situation is different, here your stacksizes are awkward and not near potsized. This changes a lot against fish because they tend to call a bit looser when you play it like this.

When the Pot is $3 and like your stack is $3.25, then shoving is fine but not ideal. Then preflop you should have made it bigger so the pot is $3.5 and your stack like $2.75

Now when the pot is $2 and your stack is $3.25, you see the gap is $1.25 so that is pretty big overbetshove. You rely on fold equity which you do not have against fishy players since they think this is a bluff often so they call with 4x or something stupid like that

hope it makes sense
      - Gerv
    • allen82082
      allen82082
      Bronze
      Oh,thanks a lot Gerv! :)
      But if we bet 1/2pot on the flop,turn 9 ,what can i do?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by allen82082
      Oh,thanks a lot Gerv! :)
      But if we bet 1/2pot on the flop,turn 9 ,what can i do?
      We check/fold, do you think he will fold the Turn a lot on this Turncard?