. [edited by fruktpuff]

• 7 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Please be advised that we do not allow peer-to-peer transactions and would appreciate that you accept this and do not to try go around it again.

Regards,
      Richard
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      Was only going to ask what was wrong; now I know. :)
    • Melissaash
      Melissaash
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jaggedlink
      anything that stops third parties getting their cut is always going to be wrong :-)
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Melissaash
      Originally posted by jaggedlink
      anything that stops third parties getting their cut is always going to be wrong :-)
      That's far the case here, we have this policy because there is no way to prevent one party from sending the money and then the other to refuse to do their part of the transaction with no ability to enforce that it be done.

While we do not accuse anyone of actually intending to scam other members, we have taken the decision that putting a complete ban on peer-to-peer transactions for the protection of all our members that it is not allowed over our forums.

I personally believe it is better that a number of honest transactions get forbidden if it stops even one member from loss due to dishonesty.

If you have any further questions about it, please don't hesitate to ask and I'll do my best to accommodate.

Regards,
      Richard
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      I actually believe that it is the case, and do not really appreciate it being glossed over with excuses, when you could have just been silent about it.

Why else are there no such bans on staking deals or transfer of T$?

Because they are neutral in terms of 3rd party benefits, while incurring the same risks as site to site transfers.

The reasoning is understood, and fair, given the benefits members recieve here in turn for their loyalty.

Outright dis-information and mis-direction is however not in the spirit of of what the forums are to members, which is a place to share ideas and of our love/hate of the game of poker in all it's variants(not variance! :s_grin: )

Cliff's
      1) Understand site's policy, the true intentions of which are reasonable, given the benefits of being a member.

2) Do not appreciate misleading statements by administration, particularly when no response was needed.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hi jaggedlink.

I was merely replying to a statement which I felt could do with addressing as it wasn't quite the case here.

The reason there are no bans on T$ sales is because it's a completely safe hard-coded system where both parties are forced to separately accept the same terms before any transaction is made and there is no risk involved.

The reason we have a staking forum is because it is something our members really do want, and that is despite the element of risk involved for scamming. We put in vast amounts of work monitoring and moderating and making sure rules are provided in a way so that we can try to avoid someone who cannot be trusted to request a stake, as well as trying to enforce some form of organized environment for the negotiations of staking deals.

Why would we want to put in a large amount of hours for something that brings little to no benefit to us or our partners as we do not enforce any requirement that members requesting stakes are to do so on tracked accounts, or that could potentially harm our members, both in cases of the stakee running bad or in the dreadful scenario of not getting paid back at the end of a stake when all we get out of it is an increased workload?

Because it is something many of our members want us to provide, and because we work to make this an enjoyable place for all of our members and to provide services they wish for. Both stakers, who can profit from good players with need of backing, and members who are down on their luck and have the ability to win but not the funds to play.

The reason peer-to-peer transfers is forbidden is because it brings larger risks with no real benefits, and isn't even comparable to a staking forum section.

This is the approach the English Community has taken, other communities have entire marketplaces dedicated solely to buying/selling, and that is their choice.

There has been no disinformation or misdirection involved in the reply I previously provided, but I don't really believe that you're going to believe me this time around if you didn't the last time, but at least I have attempted to make a clarification of my previous statement and that's all I can do.

Regards,
      Richard
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      wow, my foot tastes like :f_eek:

Well worded reply(I like making more work for you though) :f_cool: jk

I sincerely apologize for the tone of my last post.