[NL2-NL10] [SH]NL10 K9s

    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Joined: 11.05.2010 Posts: 1,462
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players


      BTN: $11.87 (118.7 bb)
      SB: $5.23 (52.3 bb)
      Hero (BB): $10.34 (103.4 bb)
      UTG: $10.40 (104 bb)
      MP: $5.79 (57.9 bb)
      CO: $19.14 (191.4 bb)


      BU 23/19/.8/9.1/25/104 hands
      Steal: 50%, 73% from BU
      No FT3b stats at time of hand

      Any point cbetting this flop with GS, BDFD & overs? or just c/f OOP as not much will fold?
      After he calls flop i think his range is mostly 99-QQ so i just gave up

      Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: 9:club:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.05, BTN calls $0.75

      Flop: ($2.15) 7:heart: 5:spade: 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.30, BTN calls $1.30

      Turn: ($4.75) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero??
  • 8 replies
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.12.2010 Posts: 1,176
      Usually if my re-steal gets called, i just x/f. edit: when OOP

      Maybe just tighten your resteal range vs him if he is not folding, that way we are 3betting for value and not to steal it pre :)
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Joined: 11.05.2010 Posts: 1,462
      Originally posted by gxtwo

      Maybe just tighten your resteal range vs him if he is not folding, that way we are 3betting for value and not to steal it pre :)
      Thanks gxtwo, yes i agree & always tighten my 3bet range against villains who flat IP, but at the time of this hand it was too good of a spot. TAG looking reg, high steal % & a suited blocker. (also had no FT3b stat yet).


      EDIT: sorry i should have worded that better. I don't 'tighten' my 3bet range, but 3bet a wider value range & stop 3betting blockers.
      I think thats the best way to adjust to villains calling a lot of 3bets, by depolarising your 3betting range??
      Someone correct me if i'm wrong, im still pretty fishy when it comes to 3bet ranges :f_biggrin:
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.12.2010 Posts: 1,176
      yes, i like the play preflop. with a high %steal, Id assume he would fold alot to 3bets but post flop id just give it up and take note

      It could even be that he actually did have a hand, considering we have no ft3b stats :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Hello dannywratten,

      I'd most likely 2nd barrel it to maybe even make better hands to fold as TT/JJ there sometimes and maybe even QQ. Than just Check/Fold it.

      Best Regards.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Joined: 11.05.2010 Posts: 1,462
      Thanks veriz, after firing turn, would you then give up on a blank river?
      If people on NL10 aren't folding to 2 barrels, they're probably calling river right?

      If thats the case, would you just prefer c/f flop? Pretty horrible board to try to fold out overpairs anyway.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.12.2010 Posts: 1,176
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello dannywratten,

      I'd most likely 2nd barrel it to maybe even make better hands to fold as TT/JJ there sometimes and maybe even QQ. Than just Check/Fold it.

      Best Regards.
      What bet sizing would you use on the turn? Can you really see such a player folding an over-pair here?
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.12.2010 Posts: 1,176
      Originally posted by dannywratten

      EDIT: sorry i should have worded that better. I don't 'tighten' my 3bet range, but 3bet a wider value range & stop 3betting blockers.
      I think thats the best way to adjust to villains calling a lot of 3bets, by depolarising your 3betting range??
      Someone correct me if i'm wrong, im still pretty fishy when it comes to 3bet ranges :f_biggrin:
      Yes, I would slightly widen my value range, AT+, TT+ maybe wider if we get a read on what hands he's flatting. And just remove most of my blocker/ bluff 3bets from my range.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello dannywratten,

      I'd most likely 2nd barrel it to maybe even make better hands to fold as TT/JJ there sometimes and maybe even QQ. Than just Check/Fold it.

      Best Regards.
      What bet sizing would you use on the turn? Can you really see such a player folding an over-pair here?
      I'd Bet something like $2,50? Why shouldn't he? Do you have any other reads on him that he calls? :D