Sit n Go noob with a $12 ticket, advice needed

• ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Hiya!
      As the headline reads I'm a sit n go noob with a $12 ticket. Played those tourneys a couple of years ago and then on lower limits. The $12 level means very good players, and I wanna use my ticket to have best chance to cash. ABC poker in a standard tourney may not work?! Do I have a better chance to cash if I use the ticket in a double up?

Thx in advance
  • 3 replies
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      I thought about this some more and here's my conclusions:

-If you just have one ticket, much better chance in a double up: 5/10 paid instead of 3/10

-I guess the standard sit n go players are a few levels above the double up players skill wise.

I read some in the strategy section on double ups, learned to fold AQ, made some good moves and voila: ticket -> cash!

Cheers
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, ZeroDegrees!

It's really hard to plan on cashing having only 1 tournament as a sample, but I agree with you for the most part- cashing in a DON, should be easier than cashing in 50:30:20 10-player pay out. It however, also, depends on your skills. Are you familiar with DON's ICM? Honestly, I dislike these games and play is pretty nitty, but I still think if you want to make this one bet, going for DONs should be better.

Cheers.
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Yea, that was my conclusion too. Haven't play sng's for years and never that high. The don worked out anyway, so I got a bonus from that ticket.