This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Sit n Go noob with a $12 ticket, advice needed

• ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Hiya!
      As the headline reads I'm a sit n go noob with a $12 ticket. Played those tourneys a couple of years ago and then on lower limits. The $12 level means very good players, and I wanna use my ticket to have best chance to cash. ABC poker in a standard tourney may not work?! Do I have a better chance to cash if I use the ticket in a double up?

Thx in advance
  • 3 replies
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      I thought about this some more and here's my conclusions:

-If you just have one ticket, much better chance in a double up: 5/10 paid instead of 3/10

-I guess the standard sit n go players are a few levels above the double up players skill wise.

I read some in the strategy section on double ups, learned to fold AQ, made some good moves and voila: ticket -> cash!

Cheers
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, ZeroDegrees!

It's really hard to plan on cashing having only 1 tournament as a sample, but I agree with you for the most part- cashing in a DON, should be easier than cashing in 50:30:20 10-player pay out. It however, also, depends on your skills. Are you familiar with DON's ICM? Honestly, I dislike these games and play is pretty nitty, but I still think if you want to make this one bet, going for DONs should be better.

Cheers.
    • ZeroDegrees
      ZeroDegrees
      Bronze
      Yea, that was my conclusion too. Haven't play sng's for years and never that high. The don worked out anyway, so I got a bonus from that ticket.