not cool

• conquistadorrr
      conquistadorrr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      If the security team starts giving out reasons as to why a certain person has failed a security check that means that anyone who sees that info can try again and take steps to avoid failing the checks so really the policy of not giving the information is pretty good and understandable.

I know it can be frustrating at times, i myself failed the checks was denied the $50 starting capital when i signed up and wasn't given a reason so i know it can be frustrating and annoying and on the rare occasion that an innocent person somehow fails the checks
      I understand what you're saying Carl, but not everyone who comes here is trying to rip PS off. Just like in your case - that was a big mistake if you ask me. I'm talking about this from a marketing point of view. I'd rather have someone rip me off for a few bucks than offend a genuinely innocent person, who could've been an important member of this community.

Plus, all these starting capitals are not hurting the sites we play on. TAF is another deal, but still - maybe 60$ is just not worth the bad image sometimes.

And as for the security checks - there are ways to inform people about why their account is blocked without giving them information on how the check was performed.

Don't get me wrong, I really like PokerStrategy and that's the main reason why I simply wanted to suggest that this policy might not be the best way to go.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Thank you for the feedback i will make sure i flag it to the powers that be :)

But if you think about it this way, PokerStrategy.com has over 5 million members worldwide, if just 1% of people who registered tried to pull some tricks thats 50k people and if 50k people somehow find a way to cheat multiple times you can soon see how we would run into problems right?
      The safest way to deal with such a problem is to just release no information at all.

Thanks again for understanding, if you would like to give us some more feedback or help with some suggestions, you are of course free to post in The feedback thread by clicking here

All the best
      Carl
    • ixdon
      ixdon
      Bronze
      Hello from Russian community. There are lots of same topics in our forum too. "TAF is a bullshit" and so on and so on.

I have no troubles with TAF just because I haven't invited anybody :coolface: , but I've got one little question for Pokerstrategy's administraion. Maybe english community will answer it.

I understand paranoic security team about dealing free $50 to new members. I saw lots of topics about this - there were graphics from some investigation (linked to some other Partypoker's affilate) showing that amounts of stealing may be very huge. Yes, some new players won't join poker community after facing "You were rejected to receive our $50, GTFO" just past 5 minutes after sending ID-photocopies. Rejecting cheaters has highest priority (rejecting 10 honest is better than giving money to 1 cheater).

But I completely don't understand Pokerstrategy's policy when it's connected to TAF.

When you give $50 to some new player, there's no guarantees about him - will he play and generate tonns of rake or not, is he cheater or not, and so on.

But when somebody invites his friends, these friends generate some rake and Pokerstrategy receives % of it to it's pocket. What may be a reason (except greedy, obv) of so massive TAF bans?

And please, give me a correct example, what may be TRUE reasons of TAF ban, when I invite 10 users, 1 of them collects 20k SP, 2 ones collect 5k SPs and I get a ban of TAF account when trying to make a cashout.
    • kruger32
      kruger32
      Bronze
      People complaining about the security policy normally don't understand the intensity, frequency and gravity of financial frauds.

Go PS security policy! Not telling why people don't pass security check is basic security policy, especially for an online venture.

However, not informing that the account was already banned from some functionality, in advance is still not cool. That was kinda mean.

edit: Yeah, the TAF policy sounds complete BS.
    • davels36
      davels36
      Bronze
      worst is that i complete my job,invite friends,my friends make rake and some $ for pokerstrategy,but pokerstrategy dont do their job,and dont give me money!
      i think thats money is my,because its not easy to get some people to rake like 20-25$ for nothing get back!i make that money in fair road,why i cant get?if i will not complete some rules,its ok but i dont break some rules!

and why i get free 50$ poker capital?i have 3,8k pokerstrategy points ,and i still,rake maybe support can give me 60$ gift for my good job and good rake?because i need money for utility bills!
    • conquistadorrr
      conquistadorrr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      The safest way to deal with such a problem is to just release no information at all.
      We can absolutely agree on that. And if someone thinks a little about how to make it safe and customers happy, some balance at least, then it would be great. :f_biggrin:

Thanks for doing a great job moderating the forums! All of you! :f_biggrin:
    • ixdon
      ixdon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kruger32
      Not telling why people don't pass security check is basic security policy, especially for an online venture.
      I know :rage: :rage: :rage:

I just ask people to give me a correct example (see my prev. post) :rolleyes:
    • kruger32
      kruger32
      Bronze
      Yeah dude, that's why I wrote this:
      Originally posted by kruger32
      Yeah, the TAF policy sounds complete BS.
      They should have told you as soon as they had problems with your account. Not wait until you try to cash out. That was really really mean.

But not giving reasons is fine.

Don't rage. I'm sympathetic to your problem.
      :pokerface:
    • ixdon
      ixdon
      Bronze
      I see. But I shall not invite any1 here just because I know, poker wastes too much my time without much sence - so I don't wish it to my friends :)
    • conquistadorrr
      conquistadorrr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ixdon
      I see. But I shall not invite any1 here just because I know, poker wastes too much my time without much sence - so I don't wish it to my friends :)
      Wasting (too much of) your time is sooo not cool. :f_mad:
    • ixdon
      ixdon
      Bronze
      I know :f_cry: :f_cry: now I don't play at all, because I'm student and now I have to pass the exams, so I have not so much free time